Anyone have a spare dogbone mount?

themanthatcan

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Don't suppose anyone has a spare dogbone mount lying around anywhere I can buy off them? It doesn't matter if the bush is knackered..I just need the actual mount itself as apparently mine is missing a back plate and Audi will only sell me the mount at a cost of £60!

Cheers,
Andy

PM me with full details of what this is!

Have access to someone breaking an S3!

G

Thx animal. I had no idea what this was lol.

I've spoken to So1o about the part and he thinks it is ok and in good condtion. If you cant get a new one via ^^ vwspares there should be one here for you!

G

no worries G.... apparently the bushes in the standard dog bone go quite quickly from new...ive heard of people using golf diesel bushes which are harder and or combinations... the polyflex things are apparently too hard.... best thing is to search i reckon although i personally would be inclined to buy 2nd hand and fit some bushes that will last longer than the orignals and have a better effect on the car.....

all IMO and based on what ive read on the subject:salute:

the polyflex things are apparently too hard....

I still can't believe people say this! (Not having a go at you timmy, you're just passing on what everyone seems to think!)

The poly dog bone bushes are FINE.

Sure, the first time you fire the car up the dash will vibrate on tickover, but that goes away on driving the car, and after about 15-20mins driving, the tickover vibrations are gone.

The first 500 miles or so the bush is fairly intrusive and if you don't give it enough revs pulling away the dash vibrates a little, but after 500 miles or so, it's totally bedded in, and does nothing but good.

I've had one in mine now for over a year, and I wouldn't want to change back to standard. It's so much more taught with the poly dog bone.

Ok cheers for the tips guys. I'll give VW Spares a shout and then if they can't help I'll be in contact Mr. G :thumbsup:

Reason I wasn't worried about the condition of the bushes was because I have the Powerflex poly ones in mine at the moment and am very impressed. I didn't even notice any vibrations through mine Nick, just a much more solid-feeling gearchange. It's certainly a must-have upgrade, and for £20 you can't go wrong!

I still can't believe people say this! (Not having a go at you timmy, you're just passing on what everyone seems to think!)

The poly dog bone bushes are FINE.

Sure, the first time you fire the car up the dash will vibrate on tickover, but that goes away on driving the car, and after about 15-20mins driving, the tickover vibrations are gone.

The first 500 miles or so the bush is fairly intrusive and if you don't give it enough revs pulling away the dash vibrates a little, but after 500 miles or so, it's totally bedded in, and does nothing but good.

I've had one in mine now for over a year, and I wouldn't want to change back to standard. It's so much more taught with the poly dog bone.

no problem at all 'nikky', i havent done it myself so thought there was a chance id get shot down:footy: