Camper Van Help

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hi All....

Was wandering if anyone can help me please, my uncle has just got himself an old skool VW camper van, so I just wanted to know if anyone knows or if anyone on here is into them or has one.

It needs some bodywork doing, a full respray, lowering and a set of 'EMPI' alloys and tyres.

We are based in Brum, so if anyone can advise of any local places or people that could help out with this, it would be great.

Thanks in advance
Nilz

Thanks guys...Buckas, I've been on their site earlier, they look pretty good

Jo give us a shout, let me know what you can sort....thanks.

Nilz

Get onto VZi (zolkszone?) mate, Will be lots of help on there.

Pics?

I have a Beetle Karmann cabrio - Aircooled all the way

Hi...

Jo thanks for the call, will catch up with you soon...

Ben, I will get on there when I can, I will try getting some pics up soon, I havent even seen it in the flesh yet, will hopefully do so over the next few weeks tho and will get plenty of shots of the WIP.

What do you want doing?, to what extent do you want the bodywork doing etc?. What camper is it?. I know a LOT of people who can help you out but a decent respray on a camper means lots of metal work and lots of money.

Get onto Volkszone.com.

On the aircooled vibe....here's my old ride..

n627580617_3438648_4155.jpg

n627580617_3436730_6612.jpg

Got fed up with a 42 year old car though :)

Oh man!!!!

I've got some pics of it today, so will put them up later, so you will get an idea of the bodywork and spraying required.

Oh Tom, Cool beetle by the way (not air cooled like Jojos 'joke'...just cool) ;)

Oh Tom, Cool beetle by the way (not air cooled like Jojos 'joke'...just cool) ;)

Not all cool bugs are aircooled anyway these days. I know people with Scooby WRX motors in the back...one of them runs 9 second 1/4 miles :sly:

Mine got sold last summer, needed the space and cash.

Get those pics of the camper up, my slightly educated eye might be able to tell you what it needs. Although once you start work on them you WILL find 2 there's actually 20 times the work needed :laugh:

Glad to see the interest Nilzy mate, try this site:

http://www.vwcampers.com/

Was looking at getting an old-school bay window number a year or so ago but circumstances chaged. Always found it a very useful site.

Thanks for the help guys....I have heard of a couple of beetles with the scooby engines in!!!

I'll get the pics up in a bit.....watch this space :)

Please find pics below....

Let me know if you can see them or not.

Cheers
Nilz

Image073.jpg

Image072.jpg

Image071.jpg

Image070.jpg

Image069.jpg

Image068.jpg

Image067.jpg

Image066.jpg

Image065.jpg

Image064.jpg

Image063.jpg

Ahhh, its a bay window.

The floors look fairly solid, only way to really tell is to get under it and gove it a good prod. The bodyworks a bit ratty and it'll take a lot to get it straight (big long panels). Depends on what quality of finish you're after to be honest. Getting it arrow straight will cost BUG bucks, however getting it presentable doenst have to cost the earth.

If it was mine I'd get the rust sorted and just roller paint it satin brown, slam it and stick some polished empi 5's on it :)

T

I wouldnt mind Ratting it out, but my Aunties having none of it...lol

Had it up on a ramp and the bottom from inside and out is solid, its actually unbelievable how solid it is!!!

I think its going to get sprayed original blue/white combo and its probably going to have a 100mm drop with the empi 5s on it in silver, although i still think they would look good in white.

100mm drop,.....try doing that on anything else :)

Yea i know!!!

I remember about 15 years ago when I was at college a mate of mine had a mk1 golf with a 16valver in it, had 16s and a 100mm drop....it was all ground breaking stuff back then!!!

my mates doing a split screen vw camper up ,on with putting a scooby wrx engine in it ,

Sounds mint dude, get some pics up...will be good to see.

There's a class for alternate engines in the VWDRC...

Here's my mates fastback with a blown Rover v8 in the back of it...

96301662_z1T94JMF_SBF_8573.jpg

Matt+Attwood.jpg

890132004_65d31159e8.jpg

:eyebrows:

yeah will do ,its being painted soon then geting engine put in god know what it will go like ,must wheely with nearly 300 bhp

Very jealous of the camper matey..looks like a good little project. How much did she set you back? The girl I'm seeing at the mo loves them and I've always fancied one as well; we've pretty much agreed that if we ever move in together that we're gonna get a fixer-upper and restore it together :)

This is my mates boxster-engined beetle..not overly tuned but still ****** quick!

002-2.jpg

That beetle looks clean, the camper isnt actually mine, its my uncles, and he is doing it up, so im just helping out where i can, i believe he has just sourced a set of empi wheels in silver and is going to have them put on then have it lowered in the next couple of weeks, so as soon as i get any more pics up, i will do :)

Cheers dude, i will look into that.

Hi All....

Was wandering if anyone can help me please, my uncle has just got himself an old skool VW camper van, so I just wanted to know if anyone knows or if anyone on here is into them or has one.

It needs some bodywork doing, a full respray, lowering and a set of 'EMPI' alloys and tyres.

We are based in Brum, so if anyone can advise of any local places or people that could help out with this, it would be great.

Thanks in advance
Nilz

wooohooo a fellow vee dubba!!! a great and very helpful forum where the peeps are really helpful and theres a few peeps up in and around brum, who im sure would help out, the forum is www.volkszone.com :arco:

heres my bug :rockwoot:

DSC01605.jpg

Stingerup1.jpg

:sign_plug:

:arco:

WOW how do you reverse that thing without hitting anything?

NILZ just found this i know your uncles a different model but might be some use. what are his plans with it, e.g fully restore it?

HTH