What equipment?

Westyggx

Reaction score
Alright lads,

I am going to be leasing an 2009 1.9 TDI Sport soon and i want to know what you think is good equipment to select?

I want electric folding mirrors and the privacy glass so far but im unsure if i should get anything else? what would you recommend? Im getting the car in Ibis White, how do i get the interier (roof) cloth black is this possible? is it worth £300 to get the black styling package?

Cheers

A better engine for a start - the new 2.0TDI is very much better than the very much older 1.9TDI.

Other than that - interior light pack, automatic lights and wipers which also gives you auto dimming interior and door mirrors. If you have an iPod, then an iPod interface, dual-zone climate control, Concert II radio with active speakers, cruise control.

I think you need to go S-Line for the black headliner Westy.

I think the black styling pack looks great on the Ibis White A3's, so I'd throw that in!

Chris

Thanks for the info mate but I don't think I can afford the 2.0 tdi as the insurance will go up quite a bit I would have thought.?

Pitty the black headliner is only in sline!What exactly does the black styling package do?

Cheers

privacy glass is poo poo get medium tints al round it looks so much better its worth the dosh i paid 160 car looks great cos the front window isnt done light gets in makin it look legal but blends in to the back witch goes dark looks naturel not cheap like the back of your car is black and the front see through

Alright lads,

I am going to be leasing an 2009 1.9 TDI Sport soon and i want to know what you think is good equipment to select?

I want electric folding mirrors and the privacy glass so far but im unsure if i should get anything else? what would you recommend? Im getting the car in Ibis White, how do i get the interier (roof) cloth black is this possible? is it worth £300 to get the black styling package?

Cheers

I think it's either privacy glass or none if I'm leasing it mate do u not think it's worth the dosh then?

i think it looks really cheap i wouldnt bother with privacy glass go with better spec inside have alook your self at privacy glass looks sooooo wack id go with cruise control bose and xenons people will disagree but bose sounds the dogs to basic xenons are great and cruise for motorway thats the wise choice i wreckon

Hmm can't remember the xenons as an option but I'll have a look. Think I'll go with the Bose system, black styling pack and xenons.

Normal xenons are only available as an option on the S-Line and standard on the Black Edition and S3. They are not available as an option on any other model.

But Adaptive xenons are available as an option on any model.

Normal xenons are £535 on the S-Line, adaptive xenons are £980 on SE and Sport, £815 on the S-Line and £280 on the Black Edition and S3.

Right, the xenons are out of the question then lol. Hd, do you know where i can find pics of what the black styling package does?

Cheers

I disagree on the privacy glass. It's on my black A3 Black Edition that's waiting for me to collect, and I think it looks pretty good!

Black styling pack is just the front grill according to the Audi website configurator.

Chris

Thats what i thought mate i went to the Manchester garage to have a look yesterday and i saw a A3 Sportback S-line i think? the windows were darkened so i assumed they were the privacy glass option and it looked pretty sweet.

dont mean to burst your bubble or nothing evapora8 but do you see the point what i mean its not hard to see which looks a thousand times better

pivacy glass

916016c0ed.jpg

and then class

pic.jpg

I disagree on the privacy glass. It's on my black A3 Black Edition that's waiting for me to collect, and I think it looks pretty good!

Black styling pack is just the front grill according to the Audi website configurator.

Chris

YOU CAN ALWAYS GET PRIVACY GLASS AND THEN GET YOUR FRONT MEDIUM TINT YOU WILL STILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE BUT ALOT LESS FRONT 2 WOULD BE ABOUT 60 QUID FOR BOTH .....

But if he is leasing he wont be able to able to modify with non factory tints. Unless I suppose he wants to take them off when it goes back.

it looks exactly like that ,,,,that is audi privacy glass if they have toned it down great if not it looks wack i know and you know that the rs4 with medium all round ****** on privacy glass even toned down