Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys

Awesome GTI have a massive miltek sale on at the minute - 20%

The downpipe for the TDI works out to be around £135 which isnt at all shabby!

How many members on here have/had one in their TDI? or another TDI?

I believe they can help spool the turbo up to 1000rpm before normal - any truth in this?

Also, what about extra power figures from it?

Will there be a lot more noise from the car?

What difficulty is there fitting it? I like to fit my own parts but I think this will be a hard one to do!

Thanks

I had one on my Golf PD150 (hybrid turbo, 220bhp), it will help spool up times but in my opinion really not worth it unless you are going hybrid and fitting the catback too.

The Milltek gave a slightly deeper note on idle but still sounded very OEM.

Unless you are going big turbo it wont make an awful lot of difference :icon_thumright:

Is there any point in making a diesel any louder?! :unsure:

Bodyie you sure about it? I tried plenty of companies to get it inculidng awesome gti and nodody did not have downpipe made by milltek in the stock... I i may ask what exaxctly mods have you got?

Awesome advertise it so they have to get it for you. I know Miltek are down in stock at the minute but if they are offering it for around £135ish so they have to honour it!

madluke - do you mean engine mods?

I just have a custom map, green panel filter and a miltek catback non-resonated exhaust - 175ish bhp 300lb/ft

Not worth it unless you are going hybrid as the stock down pipe can flow enough exhaust gasses for the stock turbo so no gains other then the fact that you have removed the CAT which can be done a lot cheaper and quicker other ways. Not that removing the CAT will make any real world difference to a standard turbo really.

Don`t get me wrong it is a very nice piece of kit but just a bit pointless on a stock turbo. Since the down pipe is cheap maybe Boydie now would be a good time to fit a hybrid turbo as well.....:whistle2:

Go on you know you want to.:yum:

Let's have a sound clip then! Would be interested to hear it...

Hi there, ive been lookin at this forum for a while now, just taking in the info!
I have a 2.0 TDI 140 my06 with a cutom MRC map which is ace, i then got a good deal on a full miltek turbo back non res, and in my oppinion made a big difference. the turbo does spool up alot earlyer and it also pulls better at the top of the rev range, before the miltek was fitted i used to get alot of black smoke (unburnt fuel) at 4000 rpm, now hardly any, so i think it must breath alot better at higher rpm.
It will also keep your turbo temps down prolonging the life of it.
its also very easy to fit, but i am a glorified mechanic!
I bought the whole system for £350 new so was well pleased with the results.
Ryan:racer: