built in satnav

L0WRiDE

A3 1.8T Quattro
Reaction score
Website
www.nomadsvw.co.uk
my a3 has everything on my car for the built in satnav, cd drive in boot and the music 6cd changer, the controls by hand brake, and the lcd screen in cluster works, but some one has fitted a after market cd player so no satnav screen fitted.
i wanna refit it all back, but hav no screen unit. im guessin that it aint going to be cheap from audi!
anyone else know part numbers or which one they fitted?
any help really!

Im not 100% sure but if you have the controls near the handbrake then you have the older syle using a nav box in the back which takes a cd. Does the navi work on the dis(lcd in cluster)? As this type of satnav will only show there and not on the headunit. I wouldnt have thought the headunit would affect this.

Someone else may be of more help

Yup,
You've got the earlier sat nav system, think it's called BNS, later system with screen is RNS-D. The Sat Nav drive, the controls by the handbrake and the DIS in the dash are the entire system, nothing missing. The RNS-D doesn't have the controls by the handbrake or the sat nav drive in the boot, all there is to it is the double DIN head unit

when activated it should appear in the DIS, not on an lcd screen.

my s3 has it and she never lets me down!

it does work on the dis, and it has got the driver in the back. so is that it then or should it have a main screen? as i couldnt see how you would use it, put in addys and welll look where ur going with out a main screen.

Sorry thats it, its only meant to work on the DIS and there isnt meant to be a main screen. You should be able to enter your destination and read and hear the directions on the DIS. Unforunatly there isnt a map view like on the RNS-E and RNS-D

You could upgrade to an RNS-E but your existing contols and nav unit would be defunkt. The RNS-E is independent unit. Id suggest keeping your existing setup and if you need a better nav then get a tomtom.