Bought this off Flee bay........

Jose_85

Audi Noob
Reaction score
Bought the below from ebay now im thinking it wont fit :S

It does say that it will fit with a few modifications to the surround but im not sure, i have the standard SE gear stick in my 04 reg A3 1.6l, do you think it will fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A6-S-LINE-Gear-Knob-Gaiter-Shift-5or-6-Speed_W0QQitemZ170275676419QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item170275676419&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Cheers for your comments

They only way to find out is try and fit it.

Or compare the 2 side by side....

Perhaps someone may have bought one of these and done the mod and can tell you .............

shouldnt be to hard though, get you hacksaw out lol!

I bought one of these and it was a nightmare to fit, In the end i had to just to use my old gaitor on the new gear knob as the gaitor they supply is to small and doesn't fit around the plastic trim. It took about half an hour to do. Not worth £35 to be honest as you can get an S3 gearknob and gaitor for around £50 off ebay and that will go straight on without any mods.

Yea it does mate . Do a search for new gear knob under the a3 8p section I put a post up n then I posted up loads of pics of the process and an explaination

Cheers gixxer600k4!!

Much appreciated i just hope it comes before the bank holiday now, i dont want to have to put it on after work next week, the weather isnt looking too clever!

no prob mate, when i started mine i was really annoyed cos i thought i had been given the wrong one, but after a few little touch-up here n there n it fits perfect, if you have you own staple gun, use that, whereas i didnt so had to push back in the old ones!

that shold fit even better tho as it is designed for our car where the one i got was for the old shape

the one in the picture in post #8 is the one i currently have on my car, so the one i am buying in post #1 should fit better to mine because of the one i currently have?

either way it should fit really?

oh also when you bought this gear stick did you buy the S-line steering wheel? If so how much?

Sorry about all the questions i just cant be doing with the standard 4 spoke steering wheel in mine :S

no i didnt, but the steering wheels are very pricey! you will be lookin at around £6-700 fitted, thats because the are multi function so the car needs to be hooked up to a VAG-com for it to work!

jesus!! thats not something i shall be considering then........i just wanted it because i prefer the effect it has like the material on the gear stick........i might sell one of my kidneys to buy that then....

yea cos i wanted to get it cos i like the perforated leather n it looks really nice but when i saw the price of em, i changed my mind! lol

no i didnt, but the steering wheels are very pricey! you will be lookin at around £6-700 fitted, thats because the are multi function so the car needs to be hooked up to a VAG-com for it to work!

Not just vag-com, you need a new slip ring and wheel ECU too costing £180!