Angel eye headlights

vetch

A4 Avant
Reaction score
Firstly, hello everyone. I'm picking my early 2001 S3 this weekend.

I'm obviously really looking forward to getting it, but I'm already planning the things I need to change on it.

Its already lowered, REVO remapped, has nice 18" Audi wheels on it, got the forge valve etc. So, that lot will save me a fair whack as that is exactly what Id have done if I'd bought a standard car.

So, to the reason for this post, the only downside is the headlights, as the car is pre-facelift, it has the old 2 piece lights. And I think they look *****! Ive read about sourcing some facelift S3 llights and modifying the loom and in the inside of the wing, but what do people think about angel eye headlights like these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Angel-Eyes-HeadLights-Audi-A3-S3-95-01-black-4-Bulbs_W0QQitemZ260388725725QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260388725725&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Id want them to look as OEM as possible, and I'd like to avoid messing with the loom or the wing if at all possible, so these seem ok and they arent far off what Ive seen original 2nd hand headlights going for?

angel eyes look crap. the standard ones are well better

:iagree: theres *****. You will loooc totaly chavy and you will regret it m8.

buy some facelift A3 healights. well worth the money

I know that generally speaking angel eye headlights are considered chavvy as ****. Along with lexus rear lights and having a missus called Tracy! But the ones linked in my first post dont look too different to the facelift lights, and they are plug and play, which is the biggest benefit of all as far as I am concerned.

I know that generally speaking angel eye headlights are considered chavvy as ****. Along with lexus rear lights and having a missus called Tracy! But the ones linked in my first post dont look too different to the facelift lights, and they are plug and play, which is the biggest benefit of all as far as I am concerned.

Much the same as I'm thinking mate. I'm unsure if I fancy butchering the front of my car and changing looms etc to fit facelift lights.

If you fit them, let me know and post a pic so I can decide ;)

i'd prefer to have ***** two piece headlights as you call them than chavvy angel eyes any day of the week!

Hi Mate,

I brought them a couple of years ago and never fitted them as I just upgraded to HID's. If you want them I have them brand new unboxed. They are for A3 1997-2001 but should fit s3.

I personally think if you dont use the angel eye feature they will look good. I dont know what was going through my mind when I was going to use angel eyes on a Audi.

If you want them drop me a e-mail on: harps21k@hotmail.com

putting lights like that on an S3 should be illegal.... sorry if you dont wana hear this but they look *****

OEM arent that hard to fit

Saw some on a bimmer the other night and they looked *****!
Sorry but they do, can't believe anyone would pay to buy them let alone fit them!

putting lights like that on an S3 should be illegal.... sorry if you dont wana hear this but they look *****

OEM arent that hard to fit

Not at all, Im open to all opinions and suggestions, hence my original post. Looks like I'll be avoiding these lights then.

I am under the impression that these angel eyes will not fit an S3, I have emailed these sellers on the bay (due to hitting a pheasant and refusing to pay a stealer £580 for an OEM one) and they all seem to think they dont go.

thought about angel eys for mine till i saw standard facelift upgraded lights, anyone confirm how easy they are to fit? would i need to cut bit behind lights at wing? also my standard pre facelift lights are 3 plug/bulb lights old h4 bulbs whats involved in the wiring depatment for fitting? def going donw the route of facelift lights but want as much info as poss to budget for it all as alloys needing done to :sob:

Hi vetch, if you want these lights then get them, its your car mate. One thing i will say is that i know S3's have self levelling lights, so will these aftermarket angel eyes work?? I might be wrong...