Engine Noise

Jlovett

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know this isn't the greatest video, but to anyones trained ear, does my A3 2.0t petrol engine sound like its running a bit rattley? I've had it since sept last year, and its a 55 model. I've just thought almost since the day I got it home that the engine doesn't sound that smooth. Coming from a fiat punto, when I test drove obviously it felt and sounded fantastic! Now I'm used to it, not so sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzYylldBO6E

Not to mention the annoying whining noise I get when going up through the gears, and the loud grinding noise (as if someone is dragging a shovel along the ground!) when I have the wheel in full right hand lock. Starting to think I bought duff!

mine does sound a little tappy but thats normal the volume is low on your vid i can barely heer it ...but it sounds like a diesel like old engines when you had bent tappets i think with the wheels thing aswell it might have been in a knock..... but impossible to tell....

I can hear it. Other people on here before have said their 2.0Ts sound like diesels on tick over, not sure if thats the noise in the video that they mean. Sure they will be along to confirm if its normal or not

I know, apologies for the really rubbish video, I'll have to do a better one and get it on here.

ive got a lap top and the vol isnt great but .... mines a 2.0tfsi they do sound a bit tappy not sure if its that bad though

I can hear it. Other people on here before have said their 2.0Ts sound like diesels on tick over, not sure if thats the noise in the video that they mean. Sure they will be along to confirm if its normal or not