Nottingham Meet?

amoffat

Reaction score
Website
www.uk.experian.com
Seems that there are a few people from the Notts / Lincs area posting these days.

Own up and tell me who you are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifThinking about organising a small meet if anyone is interested?

Reply if you are interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Definitely count me in on that one. Only drag about Newark is the A46 road from hell. Lovely straight Roman road ruined by other cars!

I'm soon of the opinion that this country has no roads worth driving on.

Has anyone driven the route Napoleon. It goes over the foothills of the Alps, from Grenobles to Nice in Provence. That is some drive, especially if you are being chased by a beaten up Renault Turbo.

Perhaps we should do a thread on good roads. In the UK, I would count the A68 and A69 borders routes amongst some of the best, although the borders Police are real sticklers... The Fosseway is cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drystone said:
Come to the Buxton meet! We'll show you some real roads

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the A6. It's been trashed by 50mph signs, cameras and caravanners. Some nice runs over High Peak tho'

I'm getting the Revo tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Think that date should be fine, though would be nicer a little nearer Nottingham.

Do I have to wash the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What about East Stoke? Its about 6 miles west of Newark, fantastic little pub just off the A46, called the Pauncote Arms of something v.similar.

Gunthorpe is quite nice, and closer to Nottingham, just depends where everyone is coming from really.

Noodle, whereabouts do you live, and where would be convenient for you. Might have to move this closer to Notts as Golf Bygone lives in Derbyshire.

Gunthorpe or East Stoke are both fine for me.

6.30pm is better too as will come straight from work. Might also get us an extra hour of light as clocks go forward next week.

Straight back to the top to remind everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I will not be taking the S3, will be in a shiney new car for this one, it will only be one day old /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

I'm up for this, work in Nottingham so not to bad, but gotter get back to Derby afters.

Bad news from me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Can't make it now as I have to be in Bristol Wednesday and then Cardiff for Thursday, Friday, so I will be staying down there.

I do hope that this is a success and I am pi$$ed off that I can't attend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hopefully you will all go, and I will arrange another soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

On the plus side, my car will be run-in after all the miles that I will be doing this week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Make it a good one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

In the light of Moff not able to come shall we re-arrange this? I have a pretty busy week so it would also suit me to move it, what are peoples thoughts? May also give time to get a couple more people involved.

can re-arrange for me, better if every one is about to attend

ok, what about 16th April, same time same venue?

This will have the added advantage of my S2000 being fully run-in hopefully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Appoligies for not participating in this thread for a while..

16th suits me fine. I have to be at Welwyn Garden City tomorrow, so was gonna have to be a blast up the M1 to get there in time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Moff, how excited are you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Look forward to seeing the S2k soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif