Another S3 Tyre Thread ??????

S3fan

Kiteyboy
Reaction score
Yep.

Anyway, I have been running Goodyear GSD3 F1 XL 225/45/17 and will be looking to replace them all soon (I have the uprated haldex and have noticed that all 4 are wearing evenly together).

I really like these tyres, but can't seem to find them in XL, so have been looking at these.

Toyo TR1 Proxes
Yokohama V103 Advan Sport

Any other suggestions for an XL in this size?

Hi If you are looking for a good allrounder at a reasonable price try the Fulda Extremo's. They are Goodyear F1 rubber cut to Fulda's spec. You won't be letdown ........:thumbsup:

toyos for me im a big fan of toyo and will always have them on my cars if available

I got the Eagle F1 Assyms in XL, I really like them, and they were pretty cheap on mytyres.co.uk

Not a fan of Yokos as they are poor in the rain... Also, good only in the first 1/3 then its performance drops drastically. Ever thought of Bridgestone RE001? or Michelin PS2? Both great tyres.

what does anyone think of Falken FK452's ? they seem to get quite good reviews, and a good price too.

Think I'm going to give the Toyo T1R's a go at £73 each from Camskill. Just put a set on my boy's GTV and he seems to like them (which seeing as he didn't have to pay for them, I'm not surprised!)

yeah i have the proxy 4's but there isnt much between the two i had t1r's before on my old car and to be honest the t1r's possibly edge it in wet weather

Falkens on a budget or Pirelli P Rossos have been a favourite of mine for the last 3 sets

the thing is tyres and speed in wet weather is not compatible,people seem to think quattro saves your big fat Audi from losing it on a roundabout when hitting it at speed...WHY?

the thing is tyres and speed in wet weather is not compatible,people seem to think quattro saves your big fat Audi from losing it on a roundabout when hitting it at speed...WHY?
who said anything about speed when commenting on tyres in the wet??? it helps to have decent tyres in the wet for handling reasons ive seen people spin out at slow speeds with rubbish tyres so speed has not alot to do with it, each to there own but id rather have tyres that perform in the wet so as to keep my car on the black stuff

who said anything about speed when commenting on tyres in the wet??? it helps to have decent tyres in the wet for handling reasons ive seen people spin out at slow speeds with rubbish tyres so speed has not alot to do with it

sorry for the pun but don't talk so wet.

Before you buy, it might be worth taking a look at this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/213177/tyre_test.html

The results surprised me!
Personally i've always rated tyres on how they perform in the wet considering i live in sunny Scotland :)

I run Toyo T1R's in summer, & Khumo i'zen in winter & the Toyo's are great in the wet, beaten only by Goodyear eagles in my experience.
The Khumo's are superb below 5 degrees C & in snow, but start to squirm a bit as the temperature rises.
The only reason i never bought Goodyears this time around was due to the cost...
Though judging by that review I'll be tempted by the Vredestien's next :)

Hope this helps.