Key Fob

selv2.8quattro

Reaction score
Hi all ive just got my audi and the key fob didnt work to my surprise there wasnt any batterys in it, so i got some it didnt work but i managed to re programe it by putting the spare in ignition and shuting the door and with the other key lock it and press the button a few times,

Happy days it worked i could do it remotley by my key, till i discoverd the boot was still open when i locked the car, i messed around for a bit and now my key fob has stopped working, i can programe it like i did last time but when i push the button on key fob it dosent wanna know anymore,

Has anyone got any ideas on this please :icon_thumright:

Well VCDS will assist at times like these cause it can show when it sees a key or not so to show you if its functional, as I dont know that car very well I'm speculating, does the rear lock have to be in a certain position to be able to be locked/unlocked with the remote, some cars were like this, VCDS will also show any faults you may have as I dont find the key in ignition & key in door method that reliable tbh mate.

Sometimes the convenience system on some cars gets locked up & a car battery off/on can sometimes reset things, but at least give it 5 mins then reconnect the battery

Yeah the boot lock is weird it has to be in the right place if i lock it by the door the boot can still be open, its confusing at the minute,

Im just trying to work my key fob out dont want to take it audi and get charged mega bucks, what other methods are there to try instead of having one key in ignition and the other in the door......

Its ok its me DUR its vag com and i have that bu not the full version im thinking in buying the full version as it will come in handy

If you want full version then keep my username as I might soon have some.

Nice one cheers mate, i took my battery off for half an hour but still no luck........:think: