my new S4 cabriolet (bit of a long moan)

davidkoulakis

Reaction score
hi guys, just picked up my new S4 cab on Saturday.

What I palarva I've had with it. . . ! Drove less than 100 miles and the coil pack goes ! and I was on the way to airport for my holiday, luckily not too far from home so nipped back and swapped cars. Called Audi an d told them to be at my house for when I got back to fit a new coil

So, get back from a rain soaked Italy and Audi turn up an hour late, turn the car over and all seems to be running fine and engine management light has gone out. . . did I dream it !?!

Audi guy is useless and just says, "yeah it'll be fine" and off he goes. . . 30 mins later, try to drive and 100metres down the road it goes again, EML on and engine lumpy and misfiring. . . so, back on the phone to Audi and they send the RAC out, they dont have the part but helpfully fit a 2nd hand to get me going on the morning

So, next morning, head to MRC to get a milltek, arrange for Audi to meet me there to fit a coil. They turn upo and dont have the part ! The man calls around and says they're out of stock. . . off he's goes telling me to take it to a dealer, very helpful, only for the guys at MRC to tell me their Audi dealer has got some in an could have them in a few hours! Not happy.

Then MRC tell me they've accidently given away my Milltek Non Res to someone else !

So, off to AMD Technik I go, and have a Non Res Milltek put on the car, whilst theyr doing that I use all the battery on my phone trying to sort the mystery coil. . . best Audi could do it book me in 2days time and wont even have a courtesy car

So

Take matter into my own hands, on the way from AMD, pop into Chingford Audi, buy the ****** coilpack myself, then when I got home called Audi Assist and demand they come out for a 4th time and fit the ****** coil that I have just purchased from Chingford Audi !

Luckily, the Audi guy that comes out is a legend, very thorough and has a passion for Audi's. He manages to sort it for me and I can enjoy the Milltek for the first time

OMG ! The Milltek with the roof down is absolutely awesome

I had an RS6 with a non res milltek before this and this sounds every bit as good, although beware it is quite boomy at lower revs.

Oh, forgot to mention, the parking sensors dont work. . .did I mention Audi are a bunch of muppets

PICT0654.jpg

PICT0657.jpg

PICT0659.jpg

PICT0656.jpg

I feel your pain! Unfortunately you do hear some real horror stories of total incompetence from Audi Uk these days. Glad it is all sorted now though :cool:

Car looks lovely :thumbsup:

What a ****** nightmare!! You'd think that they'd have sorted out the after sales side of things by now, it is one of the biggest gripes reported by customers!!

Car is stunning tho, I bet their incompetence is easily forgotten once you get in and fire it up!!!

Hopefully thats all behind you and you can now sit back and enjoy :)

(its always a good idea to have all the coilpacks changed as I've been told when one goes the opposite one in the sequence will go.)

...need to get those sensors working tho - they're a godsent!

Phhwooar!!! very Nice, liking that...so how long till you change, week....2 weeks,ha!!

Carry a couple of spares mate, always do.
I should be getting my Milltek fitted in a week or 2, having the full TURBO back aswell, cant wait.

So what are the plans??? any??? Remap - some say on a non turbo it dont really do much...WRONG, Ive drove a Non turbo before and after a remap and you'll be surprised of the difference:yes:

Shame to hear you had so many problems, poor level of service seems so common these days and not just car dealers!

Re the coil pack I second J7USS's note and always carry a spare which is handy as I had one go last week which took all of 30 seconds to repair, so I bought another one which is now a spare just in case.

Hope you have no further problems. Fingers crossed for a decent summer so you can make the most of having the roof down.

nice looking motor!

remap will jsut make it more responsive, rather than peak bhp... worth doing, but more for yourself than for the headline numbers...