Battery Cover Problems

TheJackal79

Reaction score
Took my S3 to a body shop after a stupid woman with a death wish slightly scratched my rear bumper. Insurance job with top garage and they fixed it beautifully with a new one. Got it back and drove off and started to notice a squeaking type noise from the the left front. It sounded like it came from the glove box but nothing was wrong in there. Finally got home and checked under the bonnet to find that the garage had taken of my battery cover and had failed to fit it back properly. One of the screws was missing and the cover was rubbing creating the noise. I took it straight back and they apologised and fitted a new set of plastic screws after a few days wait while they ordered the parts.

To cut a long story short, the noise is still there!! I don't know if they were meant to add something else or what but the cover is on securely but the noise is still there. When they did a temporary fix whilst I waited for the part they used a metal screw and this noticeably reduced the noise.

Just need some help on what I can do. By all means I'm taking my pride an joy back there but I want to able to tell them what they need to do to fix it.

Any ideas???

It' sometimes quite difficult to pinpoint noises you hear whilst sitting in the car driving. Is the noise constantly there ?
I had an irrating noise occur as I was driving and breaking. I thought it was coming from the internals of my electric passenger seat. This only happened when no one was sitting in the passenger seat. Get this it turned out to be the seat belt tapping on the side of my central arm rest. SO now I just push the seat belt plug under the arm rest ! Obviously when the seat belt was in use it was pulled away from the armrest hence no noises.