New Gauges

Theo0000

Reaction score
Just installed some new gauges,what do you think sorry poor photo.

From left oil pres, Boost pres and Fuel mixture

Looks smart IMO. How much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking mate?

Yeah, they do look good...a mate of mine is thinking of putting a couple in the centre dash vents in his tt

Completely off topic question here, sorry, but what do you think to the parrot? I've been thinking about it, but a couple of really bad write ups put me off.
Cheers

My neighbour has a Bluetooth headunit that does the job for what you need it for but having OEM install then the Parrot is a good choice so far Ive heard.
Havnt heard any bad reports really. The Guy who I use for tints installs them and he's always fitting them after work in his garage!seem very popular

Completely off topic question here, sorry, but what do you think to the parrot? I've been thinking about it, but a couple of really bad write ups put me off.
Cheers

Not wishing to confuse the issue, but I have one and to be honest it's not as good as the Nokia kit I had in my last car.

Parrot BT will also depend on the phone you pair it with and the functions available.
I have a Blackberry 8100 "work phone" and it's great - the Parrot utilises the voice recognition in the phone which is very good - so very rarely have to scoll through the synced parrot directory.
I also have a Sony Erricson K800i for personal use and this requires the Parrot to be programmed for each individual directory you want to dial - a bit of a pain.

In comparison I have, dare I say it here a company BMW 320d with factory BT - and with the Blackberry you can't access the voice recognition of the phone which I think is a severe step backward. You can programme the cars voice recognition, but again it's a pain. Not sure what the Audi OEM BT would do with the same phone?
For this reason I've satyed with the Parrot CK3100 on the Audi - which is a fraction of the cost of an Audi OEM BT upgrade.

With the correct connections the Parrot should work through your speakers - with and without BOSE. Use one of these Phone Mute cable

As a cheaper and simpler alternative to a parrot, I can recommend the Supertooth Visor Voice which costs £44.99 from Amazon.

This clips on my sunvisor using a magnetic clip so is easy to move from car to car. The bluetooth connection and phonebook synch processes are very straightforward, voice recognition works well.

The single disadvantage is that it does not connect to the audio system so there is no muting facility and you could miss a call if you don't hear it above the music! This has never happened to me despite playing my bose system at fairly high levels.

Cheers
I am happy so far :jester: