HELP! Wasps Nest!!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
AAAARGH!!

It seems there's a frikin Wasps nest in the roof of my house, I've had one previously a few years back living in the roof of an extended part of my property round the back which was removed/destroyed by the council for a small fee. Now this one is at the front of the house, and the heat has seemed to disturbed them, so they are all over the place, must be a hundred of the buggers flying about buzzing all over the place.
And since it's Bank Holiday, I can't get in touch with the council til Tuesday, anyone got any ideas?

empty a couple of tins of hairspray in there, then chuck in a match:)
your house may burn down, but hey, you will be one up on them pesky wasps!

empty a couple of tins of hairspray in there, then chuck in a match:)
your house may burn down, but hey, you will be one up on them pesky wasps!

Hairspray? I don't even remember when the last time I got a can of the stuff to style(hold) my hair up lol.

I reckon some parafin(sp?) would probably make them more crispy though, it is barbecue weather out there. :)

Remember this?

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1845064

EDIT: Balls, the images are dead... Googling...

Rob

Oh Yes, what a classic, the pics are no longer there though, and can't believe you still have this in are arcHIVES Rob lol.

I tried to take a pic of the wasps, but bottled it, and I think they are a bit too high for a good pic, but they are covering a large area. :undwech:

:sos:

Get yourself down to the nearest Block and Quayle (B&Q(there are also other hardware stores available)) and get several cans of Raid. It's awsome stuff, and will get rid of them fairly sharpish :icon_thumright:

Get yourself down to the nearest Block and Quayle (B&Q(there are also other hardware stores available)) and get several cans of Raid. It's awsome stuff, and will get rid of them fairly sharpish :icon_thumright:

The only problem is they are quite high up, looks like between the gap where the roof meets the gutter. I would prefer to leave it to the pros, since I have a Phobia with bees/wasps! It's not a nice feeling seeing one, nevermind 100 of them lol. :undwech:

Smoke them out or do as I do just go and talk to them about the effect they have on your life and ask them if they would leave.

Or just Nuke the feckers!!!!

Council are coming out tomorrow to sort the problem, the Wasps seems to have gone back into hibernation after the heat on Sunday, found 5 of the dead buggers in my frikin room - Yikes!

If they fail, then I'm off to Korea to get some heavy duty stuff! :)

i had one in my roof and we bought this smoke grenade thing from some hardware shop and you simply put it in your attic, pull the pin then run like **** while closing the attic after you.

you can just heard all the wasps hitting the floor in your attic, fantastic stuff!

or to capture lots of the flying feckers

get a glass jam jar with a metal lid and put a screw driver throught the lid and pull the screw driver downwards making the hole at an angle and put some jam in the bottom and leave it out in the sun.

the wasps can get in but they cant get out hehehe

*** Jojo, man up!

Get your best wife-beater string vest on, climb up and shove your hand in the nest and grab the queen. Kill her and the rest will lose interest and fly away. You might get stung a few times, but it's the cheapest way to get rid!

I hate any1 harming animals but i hate wasps with passion:gun2:, i would justwait for the councill they are evil,

Me and a mate who also is not a fan of wasps a few years back went to pick up some logs for a our old boss for his log fire, We got to this guys house selling them bought some off him they were under some cover but were allready in these net bags,

Any way we got a few bags in our boss estate car, bearing in mind this is middle of winter, and cos we had heaters on full blast way back, my mate was like whats that noise ,sort of buzzing we both looked back and there was like4-5 massive wasps behind us lol, we pulled over, obviously they must have been hibernating in the logs and heat woke them up, on way back we had like no heaters on windows open and were like two paranoid freaks looking behind us every 30 seconds all the way back in fear of some more of the buggers waking up, still makes my spine tingle now thinking of it lol i hate them.,

Nothing worse than being in a car with angry wasp flying about,

Sorry for being off-topic but...

How do you make Sweet & Sour sauce? :D

In our place, AFAIK, Vinegar, Sugar, Lemon, Onion, Tomato Puree(this is why its red) and water(or it would be mega strong!)

*** Jojo, man up!

Get your best wife-beater string vest on, climb up and shove your hand in the nest and grab the queen. Kill her and the rest will lose interest and fly away. You might get stung a few times, but it's the cheapest way to get rid!

You first mate, you first! :superman:

Nothing worse than being in a car with angry wasp flying about,

I know what you mean! :scared2::scared2::scared2:

You first mate, you first! :superman:

Stella UNited, you'd need about 2 crates to do that, lol.

I remember one day I got a wasp/bee whatever it was in the car & I was in middle of birmingham, by some lights, little ***** wouldnt take hint of sunroof, windows open & kept buzzing around me so I got out the car & left it there running & ran for it, litte git followed me aswell, lol

Amazing 6ft guy afraid of a small little thing like that, pathetic, lol.

& you forgot pineapples & peppers for flavour.

Stella UNited, you'd need about 2 crates to do that, lol.

I remember one day I got a wasp/bee whatever it was in the car & I was in middle of birmingham, by some lights, little ***** wouldnt take hint of sunroof, windows open & kept buzzing around me so I got out the car & left it there running & ran for it, litte git followed me aswell, lol

Amazing 6ft guy afraid of a small little thing like that, pathetic, lol.

Mate, they maybe little things, but when they sting you, it frikin HURTS!

& you forgot pineapples & peppers for flavour.

You add these when you start cooking mate, the ingredients I gave was just for the sauce. :p

Mate, they maybe little things, but when they sting you, it frikin HURTS!

You add these when you start cooking mate, the ingredients I gave was just for the sauce. :p

Why'd you think I'd leave my S3 running & run for my life, lol.

& thanks for that Gordon, lol, but the sauce I know has always been inclusive of the whole lot not just the liquid mate, but hey I'm no michellin star chef so leave that to the Delia Smiths on here :undwech:

Just had the pest control man pop over, he goes it's too early for Wasps, their nest would only be the size of a tennis ball at most at this time of year, and we would see the wasps flying in and out if there was a nest, even in this weather(it's raining light here). He recons they are mining Bees which look like wasps, but their tail don't curl forward like a wasp. Apparently, you get the odd rogue queen Bees who decides to come out into the open world and have a stroll round, and when they go for walkies, they take anything upto one thousand foot soldiers as protection, and they landed on my roof to look for another home. Which is why I had a swarm of the buggers flying around. He treated the whole front end of my house with some kind of spray/chemical to make sure they don't come back anyways. - Phew!

He treated the whole front end of my house with some kind of spray/chemical to make sure they don't come back anyways. - Phew!

Won't that taint your honey when you have it on toast?

I reckon it was the smell of your sweet & sour farts JoJo that attracted the queen in the 1st place lol