Champions League Final!

Who is going to Win the Champions League?

• Manchester United

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Barcelona

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Don't Care who wins

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored of it? You'll be telling me you didn't want to win the league next! :whistle2: :lmfao:

Bored of it? You'll be telling me you didn't want to win the league next! :whistle2: :lmfao:

Nah, I'd like the league. The Carling cup you can keep.
The proof of that is in the team selections for each. :detective2:

Exactly, well kind of. It wasn't benitez's rant that caused it to happen. It was the pressure of being in front at that stage of the season. They'll learn from that though.

Sorry, but that just doesn't hold water.
Pressure from being several points clear?
I think not.
The pressure is on the Clubs trying to catch up...not those sitting with a cusion.

You're right, those managers weren't saints BUT they all had something likeable about them, which IMO made them even greater.
Even Mourinho, **** that he can be, has a certain likability factor about him. Fergie just doesn't, and if he did he'd be an even greater, more memorable manager. Maybe becoming the next manager to have a film about it. But that just ain't gonna happen. Shame really.

...and only a blinkered Scouser could even suggest that Fergie could be in some way more memorable or greater if more opposition fans liked him. What a joke...
The Managers legacy will be the 18 and counting League titles, 2 Champions League wins and numerous other trophies.
Having a film made about you doesn't make you great...neither does being liked. Winning trophies over several decades does.

Where do you draw the line as to how far back you can refer to then?
If what you say is true then you are really as good as your last game. Not that good in Man U's case then!
You said Liverpool should show the world how it's done.... We did... on 5 seperate occassions..... one of those occassions being the greatest final of all.

Do you actually remember any of those games?
How old were you when Liverpool last lifted the League/European Cup (most recent win excluded)?

Germany once had an army that conquered Europe. (I don't remember that)
Britain once had an Empire. (I don't remember that either)
Aberdeen FC were once Kings of Europe. (I DO remember that)

Get the point?

Just to wrap this up....... I do hate Manure.... but I do respect their football because they are obviously a good team, with very good players. I just don't like everything else about the club, and how a lot of their players and fans feel they have the right to win things, and when it doesn't go their way they start with all the bad tackling, ref bullying, manager sulking, etc etc etc. Yeah other teams do some of it, but other than chelsea, Manure stand out in front as the main perpetrators!

Sadly, a slightly biased view...
But we are all guilty of that.

Personal opinions aside (did I really say that?) I thought neither side were worthy to be winners. Barca shouldn't have even been in the final and ManU were terrible. As for Barca's "sensational" performance, that must have been the bit I missed when I dozed off. Dull, dull, dull.

Andy, you are in a world of your own. Trust me on that one :p

Sorry, but that just doesn't hold water.
Pressure from being several points clear?
I think not.
The pressure is on the Clubs trying to catch up...not those sitting with a cusion.

I'm a bit short for time at the moment but i'll squeeze a quick reply in.

What you have just said makes me doubt your knowledge of football, big time.
It's like this.... a club like liverpool truly believes it should have won the premiership at some stage during the past 19 years, with a history such as liverpool's, facing the prospect of man utd equalling their league titles record, and for once being points in front a with only a couple of months of the season to go.... wouldn't feel any pressure??? Are you for real??

And you believe rafa's rant would apply more pressure to liverpool than all of the above????
Oh dear.

What you have just said makes me doubt your knowledge of football, big time.
It's like this.... a club like liverpool truly believes it should have won the premiership at some stage during the past 19 years, with a history such as liverpool's, facing the prospect of man utd equalling their league titles record, and for once being points in front a with only a couple of months of the season to go.... wouldn't feel any pressure??? Are you for real??

And you believe rafa's rant would apply more pressure to liverpool than all of the above????
Oh dear.

Ahh...poor Liverpool.
Their fans want a League Title...they are leading, sitting pretty with a decent points gap.
I'd have thought that was a pretty good position to be in.

Ask most Clubs if they'd rather be sitting atop the League playing great football and I'm sure most would say it would be a pleasant, not under pressure position to be.

Maybe the pressure they felt was self induced?
If that's the case, it was no wonder they went to pieces whilst other Clubs soaked up the 'pressure' and got on with it.

Oh dear.

believing you should win the premiership does not mean squat.
being points ahead and not maintaining that lead amounts to them not being good enough.
Rafa's rant was a man needing the edge but he was against Ferguson the king of mind games....and I hate Man Utd and Fergie but follow football.

Rafa's rant was a man needing the edge but he was against Ferguson the king of mind games...

seriously though, I know he is the 'king' of mind games, but coming out and claiming that Benitez has net spent more than him in the transfer market is just ridiculous imo.

And the best one yet:

Benitez is arrogant and humiliated the sad chap that is Allardyce because of the hand gesture he made against Blackburn while it was completely untrue and had nothing to do with the scoreline. Alex didn't get quite right there.

And then not talking to the press after their 4-1 thrashing by Liverpool at O.T because it was an early kick-off. And when he actually talked, he said that Utd were the better team on the day...LOL

and regarding Rafa's rant once again, what he said is true regarding Ferguson always getting away (with no warning whatsoever) when he critices referees etc...

with compliments from the spanish waiter...
waiter.jpg

Ahh...poor Liverpool.
Their fans want a League Title...they are leading, sitting pretty with a decent points gap.
I'd have thought that was a pretty good position to be in.

Ask most Clubs if they'd rather be sitting atop the League playing great football and I'm sure most would say it would be a pleasant, not under pressure position to be.

Maybe the pressure they felt was self induced?
If that's the case, it was no wonder they went to pieces whilst other Clubs soaked up the 'pressure' and got on with it.

Of course teams would rather be points infront rather than points behind.
BUT i'm not sure how you can argue against my point. The biggest question of this season was whether liverpool would be able to handle the pressure of being infront and sustain a title challenge. Pretty much everyone questioned it..... the media... even man utd players. So how you can argue against them feeling pressure being at the top beats me!
I think you'd pretty much stand alone in that argument.

believing you should win the premiership does not mean squat.
being points ahead and not maintaining that lead amounts to them not being good enough.
Rafa's rant was a man needing the edge but he was against Ferguson the king of mind games....and I hate Man Utd and Fergie but follow football.

Of course believing you should win the prem means nothing in terms of actually winning it. But as I said, with the expectation of your fans every season wanting the title, and for once being in a strong position it did mean something.... negatively in this instance.

As for your blanket statement of them not being good enough, i disagree. They were good enough, but it just didn't happen for them. It was a thin line. I don't think missing it by 4 points says you're not good enough on the whole, we're only talking a win and a draw. Losing it by 10 or 20 points says you weren't good enough.
Man utd losing to barca doesn't say they aren't or weren't good enough to win the champs league. They are good enough. It just didn't happen for them this time, in one game.
A few dodgy games don't equal 'not good enough'.

Oh how i'm looking forward to next season (again!) :rockwoot:
YNWA!!

Of course teams would rather be points infront rather than points behind.
BUT i'm not sure how you can argue against my point. The biggest question of this season was whether liverpool would be able to handle the pressure of being infront and sustain a title challenge. Pretty much everyone questioned it..... the media... even man utd players. So how you can argue against them feeling pressure being at the top beats me!
I think you'd pretty much stand alone in that argument.

Well, you stick to your view.
But it's not a hard argument to champion...one that says being in front by a good few points is less under pressure than being behind on points, with, lets say, games in hand.
Points in the bag = breathing space.
Breathing space = less pressure.

As for your blanket statement of them not being good enough, i disagree. They were good enough, but it just didn't happen for them. It was a thin line. I don't think missing it by 4 points says you're not good enough on the whole, we're only talking a win and a draw. Losing it by 10 or 20 points says you weren't good enough.

But over a season of 38 games...Liverpool had 3 less wins than the Champions (was it 3?...I think so). That says they aren't as good, over a season.
It could be as many wins and draws as you like...but when you've run out of games, the maths don't add up.

Man utd losing to barca doesn't say they aren't or weren't good enough to win the champs league. They are good enough. It just didn't happen for them this time, in one game.
A few dodgy games don't equal 'not good enough'.

Did you do maths at school.
Champions League Final: 1 game...90 mins. 2 Halves. That's it...one occasion...best team wins. (hopefully...unless ET + Pens etc, etc)

League:
38 games...play every team twice...best sustained performance over a season takes it.

Very different surely?

Whether any team is good enough counts for very little unless the performance can be pulled out of the bag, day in, day out. In Barcas case...it could. In Utds case...it couldn't.

Oh how i'm looking forward to next season (again!) :rockwoot:
YNWA!!

Aren't we all?!?!

I want this thread locked............!!

It's causing too many arguements.........

Besides I can't stand football,,, that's why I support Coventry...!

Well, you stick to your view.
But it's not a hard argument to champion...one that says being in front by a good few points is less under pressure than being behind on points, with, lets say, games in hand.
Points in the bag = breathing space.
Breathing space = less pressure.

But over a season of 38 games...Liverpool had 3 less wins than the Champions (was it 3?...I think so). That says they aren't as good, over a season.
It could be as many wins and draws as you like...but when you've run out of games, the maths don't add up.

Did you do maths at school.

Not sure why you feel the need to go down the insult route... "did you do maths at school" :blahblah1:

But for your info, yep, i did it :icon_thumright:

But as you've started a new tone for this thread.... did you do english at school, or learn to read properly??? Doesn't appear so.
Where in my posts have I said that a team being in front by a good few points is less under pressure than being behind on points, or even argued which of the two positions provide most pressure???
So just for your benefit, and once again I will say, slloowwllyy this time.... LIIVVEERRPPOOLLL FFEELLTT PPRREESSSUURREE BEEEIINNGGG IINN FFRROONNTTT BBEECCCAAUUSSEE OOOFFF EEXXPPPEECCTTAATTIIOONNN!!
No mention of teams with less points being under pressure, even though of course they are, but nothing to do with MY point.
Get it now???:shrug: :tocktock:

Come to think of it, a similar thing happened to man u when they got in front. Their play started to suffer. They managed to grind out results and nick wins, but they showed signs of being under pressure in their general play. When they were chasing liverpool they were playing brilliantly.

But addressing your point about where most pressure is felt.... SOMETIMES its just easier when you have something to aim for (the team in front) and are trying to catch up, rather than trying to keep the teams behind you away.

As for your blanket statement of them not being good enough, i disagree. They were good enough, but it just didn't happen for them. It was a thin line. I don't think missing it by 4 points says you're not good enough on the whole, we're only talking a win and a draw. Losing it by 10 or 20 points says you weren't good enough.!!
you can tart it up as much as you want but face the facts you weren't good enough thats why Manchester United are champions

I'm sorry but your talking testicles there,here goes again......if they were good enough they would be European Champions thats the simple fact of the matter and even if you were to say they won it last year,it doesn't matter its not exactly the same team....they are all a year older for one.

I'm sorry but your talking testicles there,here goes again......if they were good enough they would be European Champions thats the simple fact of the matter and even if you were to say they won it last year,it doesn't matter its not exactly the same team....they are all a year older for one.

I think the testicles are coming from your mouth, not mine.
As much as it pains me to say it, Manchester United ARE good enough to win the Champions League... period, full stop, end of story.

They had a bad game, played below the standard that they produced for 99% of the season. So once again THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH.
One bad game does not make a team not good enough.
Teams have off days, and that was one for them.

The Brazil team that just didn't turn up for the world cup final in 98 were easily good enough to lift the world cup, but for whatever reason they just didn't play well.

Burnley beat Chelsea. (without being anal) does that mean Chelsea aren't good enough to beat them??? Of course they are good enough, something just went wrong for that game.

So once again..... your blanket statement that a team is not good enough just because they played uncharactistically bad in one game and that therefore simply makes them "not good enough" is very testicular.

that line is my favourite without a doubt
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif
roflmao.gif

LOL!!
I said WITHOUT being anal.

Quote the whole of that point. You know what I'm saying son!! And if you don't, start following bowls or curling instead, football's not for you!

Not sure why you feel the need to go down the insult route... "did you do maths at school" :blahblah1:

Pick your toys up off the floor you pathetic individual.
Beleive me, if I were insulting you, you'd know about it.

But as you've started a new tone for this thread.... did you do english at school, or learn to read properly??? Doesn't appear so.

Oh dear...spitting the dummy.
I did *English* at school. English with a capital E...proper name etc.
It seems that even when you try to take the **** you end up looking a tw*t. Bravo.

Where in my posts have I said that a team being in front by a good few points is less under pressure than being behind on points, or even argued which of the two positions provide most pressure???
So just for your benefit, and once again I will say, slloowwllyy this time.... LIIVVEERRPPOOLLL FFEELLTT PPRREESSSUURREE BEEEIINNGGG IINN FFRROONNTTT BBEECCCAAUUSSEE OOOFFF EEXXPPPEECCTTAATTIIOONNN!!
No mention of teams with less points being under pressure, even though of course they are, but nothing to do with MY point.
Get it now???:shrug: :tocktock:

This is the bit where your argument is going Pete Tong, so you try everything you can to swing it round. Fail.

I'm bored now...you can't conduct a discussion in an appropriate manner...so I can't be bothered anymore.

Beleive me, if I were insulting you, you'd know about it.

Pathetic individual???
You really are a "handle of a door" aren't you.
Although I shouldn't be surprised, this is typical of your behaviour on here.

Wasn't me that took it down this road.

So what now???
You going to tell me to come down to a car show stall that you're on, so you can say these things to my face, just as you did on that other thread where it all got too much for you??? Yeah I saw that!! :lmfao:

Or you going to take your usual stance and tell me "not to take on a mod" or something along those lines??? A straight ban??? Go on surprise me.

What an absolute joke :jester:

Pathetic individual???
You really are a knob aren't you.
Although I shouldn't be surprised, this is typical of your behaviour on here.

Wasn't me that took it down this road.

So what now???
You going to tell me to come down to a car show stall that you're on, so you can say these things to my face, just as you did on that other thread where it all got too much for you??? Yeah I saw that!! :lmfao:

Or you going to take your usual stance and tell me "not to take on a mod" or something along those lines??? A straight ban??? Go on surprise me.

What an absolute joke :jester:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
That's the best laugh I've had in a while.
Nice one. :thumbsup:

You have once again shown that you like a good Troll, then when things don't go your way, you throw yout toys out and start throwing accusations around.

If I were remotely bothered by your comments, I'd remove your post and issue a warning regarding your use of language.
As it is, I think it needs to stay to show everyone what a fool you've made of yourself. In fact, I may make it a sticky.

Just watch the language though eh?
You could at least use an '*' so you stick to the rules... :whistle2:

Next!

You have once again shown that you like a good Troll, then when things don't go your way, you throw yout toys out and start throwing accusations around.

You could at least use an '*' so you stick to the rules... :whistle2:

And what about you, are you going to stick to the rules??

The Rules:
3. Personal abuse of other Audi-Sport.net members is not permitted. If you disagree with what someone else says, say so and use whatever arguments you like to support your views. However personal attacks only suggest that you cannot support your views in any other way and are not allowed. They will be edited as and when moderators find such abuse. This is not censorship of your opinions, but a rule designed to ensure that we conduct a friendly debate. Remember - attack the argument and not the person.

So, by all means, please do make it a sticky.

I'm not the first person on here who has had this type of argument with you, and I'm sure I won't be the last.
You are becoming quite notorious for it. But i'm sure you already know that.

And what about you, are you going to stick to the rules??

I do.
My comments don't break them...which is why I've not felt the need to edit my comments - unlike you.

You could, of course, report the alleged breach to the Moderators and have someone else take a look at it...but the fact that you haven't backs up the fact that you are out for a troll, and just looking to rub someone up the wrong way.
You won't find it here...so move on.

I'm not the first person on here who has had this type of argument with you, and I'm sure I won't be the last.
You are becoming quite notorious for it. But i'm sure you already know that.

Yawn...
I'm quite sure you won't be the last to moan and have a pop when things don't go your way.

Do you want to keep going?
I can keep this up for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.