Black Grill & LCR Splitter

Trick

Reaction score
Finally got round to spraying my grill and fitting the splitter,
so was a good excuse to go out and work on a new photo.

08034_Audi_Sr_iso.jpg

Looking good there pal, what primer did you use on the grill as i have some metal primer lying around and wanted to use that?

good job matey....although one quick one, you seem to have done what i did and fitted the spplitter too far forward, i take it back a few mill persoanlly as once i did mine the results were much improved.

Looking good there pal, what primer did you use on the grill as i have some metal primer lying around and wanted to use that?

I had some halfords primer left over from another project. If you give teh surface a good keying you cant really go wrong.

good job matey....although one quick one, you seem to have done what i did and fitted the spplitter too far forward, i take it back a few mill persoanlly as once i did mine the results were much improved.

I love it just where it is, but if anything I think it would be better more forward! I didnt spend money and time to hide it under the bumper! lol

no fair comment and i thought exactly the same, but when you look at my before and after photos....the difference is immense...... you can see the fitting lip on yours, mine was slightly further forward originally so you could see more.... some have them further back than mine is now.....either way it looks good but not as close to OEM as it could be....

no fair comment and i thought exactly the same, but when you look at my before and after photos....the difference is immense...... you can see the fitting lip on yours, mine was slightly further forward originally so you could see more.... some have them further back than mine is now.....either way it looks good but not as close to OEM as it could be....

Post up some of your before and after pics, you might sway me lol.

P1000302.jpg

here is the last pic i took many moons ago..... i seem to have deleted the other pics as they were clogging my photo account up.... its got a few speed bump marks since this haha

Looking very good! I've just sprayed my grill surround as well :yahoo:

Picked up a LCR splitter too, just trying to find the time, and a ramp to do it!

Trick that pic is amazing.. looks like it should be in an Audi brochure

Trick that pic is amazing.. looks like it should be in an Audi brochure

Wow what a compliment! Not sure im quite at that level yet but thanks!

I'm lovin that photo.... how do you go about taking such a shot ??? whats involved i'd love to know....

It was done using a rig thats attached to the car so that car and camera move simultaneously thus blurring the background. Oh and lots and lots and lots of photoshop lol :sob:

Where is/was the rig mounted? :S

ICE

As you can tell from the bad photoshop job (which was a nightmare cos i was trying to rescue an over exposed shot) it was on the bonnet.

Awesome pic dude, excellent work there!!!

I still havent got round to doing this on mine, but i will one day soon.

Has anyone got a pic with a blacked out grill/surround on a Silver S3??

Awesome pic dude, excellent work there!!!

I still havent got round to doing this on mine, but i will one day soon.

Has anyone got a pic with a blacked out grill/surround on a Silver S3??

I saw a pic the other day. Wasnt a fan.

Great photography...

Colour on the S3 looks great in the shot, not a fan of the LCR splitter but it looks good on your car with the coding etc

Thanks for the kind comments folks!