Weight of S3

Autograph Baz

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I have just got one of these http://www.vi-monitor.com/ and need to know the weight of the S3 a friend of mine that has used one at the same time as rolling road says they are accurate to within 2-3 BHP if you get the weight right. I can supply one of these to anyone that wants one, the retail price is £349.99 but I can offer a discount to anyone on the forum. That aside I need to know the weight of my car so I can get some accurate results. I am going to try it this afternoon with a few different types of software and I will post the results up later.

just below 1500kgs....1423 plus the occupant

Audi must have it wrong as 1420 is their figure Paul but hey they only make it :p

They also claimed 225bhp.

I aimed him at a web site, not told you you was wrong.

I think this has come up before,

I seem to remember 1375kg is the dry weight without fluids or fuel, and for a base spec S3 without any optional extras....

Things like electric seats add a lot of weight....

If you had a look at the original sales brochure, on top of the prices for all the options, there was 'weight' next to them also, each and every S3 weighs differently basically, dependant on option selected, and I think the actual weight of your car is in the logbook.

well like I said then...its 1427kgs

Minty how do you know what your own s3's weight is?

So not THAT much lighter than a B5 S4 then.
Nope, not at all.
I remember thinking that a few years ago.

I think mine was listed at 1482Kg (sunroof, facelift) but I also seem to think some figures quote wet weights, with a nominal driver weight of 75Kg.

Either way...over 1500Kg wet.
I suppose a weighbridge is the only accurate way to find out.

*Edited to correct weight*

Nope, not at all.
I remember thinking that a few years ago.

I think mine was listed at 1389Kg (sunroof, facelift) but I also seem to think some figures quote wet weights, with a nominal driver weight of 75Kg.

Either way...around 1500Kg wet, with driver isn't too far off the mark.
I suppose a weighbridge is the only accurate way to find out.

Hmmmm, for an S4 Avant mine is probably about as light as you get (no heavy heavy sunroof, no electric seats, no heated seats, no ski bag, no satnav, no cruise, no Bose etc etc), so probably only fractionally heavier than a fully loaded S3.

Does all this Haldex stuff weigh more than a traditional Quattro set-up?

Just looked at the front of my service book and the dry weight is down as 1464kg - thats heavy!!

Think the options over base 1375kg on my car were bose, armrest, light pack and thats it so not sure if the 1375kg i've seen quoted on several occasions is correct tbh..

Just looked at the front of my service book and the dry weight is down as 1464kg - thats heavy!!

Think the options over base 1375kg on my car were bose, armrest, light pack and thats it so not sure if the 1375kg i've seen quoted on several occasions is correct tbh..

You got full leather heated seats?

Mines says 1456kg's... The biggest handicap for the S3 is the weight imo...

1477 for me...:faint:

EDIT: with sunroof, bose, cd changer, heated recaro's 17" inch wheels

So to find out you just look at the front of the log book?

Yes - mine was listed on the service book..

Hmm...I'm wondering if mine was 1489 Kg not 1389 Kg.

*Edit - just found a pic of the Data Sticker...so mine was 1482 Kg*

CarDetails.jpg

Can people list the options they've got vs the weight?

Mine was a 210, facelift, sunroof, alcantara/leather + heated seats, upgraded stereo, 17" Avus wheels.

Regardless...it seems it was 100 Kgs heavier than a Porsche 911. Which for a mid sized hatch...is lardy.

02 BAM 6 CD Changer,Alcantara/Half Leather seats
Scan-1.jpg

Believe me. Those heated Recaros are HEAVY. I would say 25-30kg each. As I happen to have a full set in my conservatory, (Long story!) I'll weigh them tonight.

Cheers,

Believe me. Those heated Recaros are HEAVY. I would say 25-30kg each. As I happen to have a full set in my conservatory, (Long story!) I'll weigh them tonight.

Cheers,

I think I read somewhere on a german forum that they weigh as much as 38 kg. each...Dun't know for sure though.

Mine is 1485kg. 210 AMK, Sunroof, Bose, electric and heated Alcantara/leather Recaro's, 17 avus, cd changer...

That's a ****** awfull heavy little fecker...

Yea the heated leather is mighty heavy!
Wonder how much weight it would save to strip the front/rear seats and replace with a cage and 2 front bucket seats?

1481KG with Bose, front armrest, full leather (Not heated) 17 Avus wheels, Symphony II, Aluminium Mirrors and a Cruise Control stalk :laugh:

are these are dry weigts? without petrol and driver atleast or would it be with a full tank?

According to the Data Sticker - unladen.
I'd have thought, full of fluids, but no fuel or driver.
Add another 100Kg easy for fuel + driver - 150+ in my case.

1464 per the service book

options on my 210 were

guessing stnd wheels but with elec heated full leather, bose with sym 11, centre armrest - maybe i have forgotton something?

Havent got the log book and theres nothing in the service book :3sadwalk:

Service book should have the sticker as the one above...or lift the boot carpet and have a look. There should be a sticker the same under the carpet, on the floor.

Ok so mines 1461
Bose, full heated leather, arm rest, 17" avus.
Chuck me in and its around 1535ish, thats alot