3 beeps

Jack-A3

Reaction score
Ok.....next issue.....

Recently when i've been switching my engine on i've been gettin 3 beeps from the dash.Its the same beep to say i'm low on fuel but it goes 3 times!

Any ideas?

It's to show that the internal battery for the alarm siren in the boot is low. If you do a search there is a DIY on how to replace just the battery or you can buy a complete new unit for £££ from a dealers.

My alarm is aftermarket and the beeps are getting more frequent!It cut the immobilisor in thismorning too!!

Because its aftermarket will i still need to replace the same box!!?

Anyone know!?

Cheers

It still sounds like they've also tapped into the existing system fella.

Try removing the siren in the rear left hand side quarter hidden behind the trim & central locking pump/module bolted in place, just disconnect the loom for the siren & see if 3 beeps go away then you have your answer.

Forget new batteries, trust me stump up for replacement & upgraded alarm siren & you'll be far happier.

Ok mate.Cheers.Ill give it a go.

You advise going to the dealership then mate and getting a new box?

1st disconnect the siren & see if it goes away then yes goto dealer given the sensitive side of the car this controls, for a siren given if its bit pants I wouldnt scrimp on, I mean its only £80 ish for something that would last for many many years, mine lasted about 5-6 years, thats what £13.50 per year or so, its nothing huh & the new one is apparently even better as I fitted one & didnt make any noise after unless I set it of to test, lol.

Ok mate.Sounds like a plan!Ill disconnect it and see what happens!I guess if the beeps stay then i have another major issue!?

Cheers for the help mate.You got yours from where?