Gutted :(

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi guys,

I need some new wheels and tyres, to run around in as my car is currently sat on bricks with no RSTT's attached anymore - after some little bast*rds (exuse my language) broke into my garage and took them.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement and it couldn't have came at a worse time. Life is very busy, stressful and difficult for me at the moment and I really don't need to deal with this. I couldn't get to work this morning / today - which is kinda a MASSIVE deal at the moment. I can't lock my garage etc.

I'd be looking for either some 16" T sport wheels of some 17" Avus - I have a TT brake setup, so they need to fit over the standard wheels - which I think the 16's will - just! I can't bear to think of putting on some new rstt's ect in case they come back. I'm already worried for anything else.

If anyone can help / know of some wheels that can be sorted with courier quickly I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
A very depressed Rob :(

Sorry Rob...editied to mellow the language!

Voorhees has a set of RS6s in 18s for sale if that helps, sorry to hear this by the way dude!!

thanks. I'd need some relatively cheep and delivered asap. voorhees doesn't have tyres on his rs6's. to be honest I'm not sure if I want to boast off some nice new wheels anyhow, as the bast*rds might want these too! Makes me wonder why I bother having nice stuff for di*kheads to do this.

Sorry Rob...editied to mellow the language! (again)

Wow sorry to hear.
If they got stolen from your garage have you tryed going of the House insureance? I have some 16" wheels of my old 1.6 A3 with all good tyres etc but im not 100% if they would fit over the brakes?

Holy shyte Rob, they nabbed your rims with the car in the garage?! Double garage??, cos it's a bit tight in a single one right?!

Hope you get it sorted soon bud, the fekkers sure as hell went through a lot of trouble just to nab a set of rims, but at least no one got hurt, they sound like they would do someone over to steal things.

were about do you live?
Sorry to hear about the rims pal.

Holy shyte Rob, they nabbed your rims with the car in the garage?! Double garage??, cos it's a bit tight in a single one right?!

Hope you get it sorted soon bud, the fekkers sure as hell went through a lot of trouble just to nab a set of rims, but at least no one got hurt, they sound like they would do someone over to steal things.

I know mate. But I'm very much stuck now. I have no wheels as of yet and I'm having to get the garage door sorted. I've missed a very important day with work also. Next week is going to be very important also, so I need to be back on the road asap really.

It is a single garage!!! Very tight on one side and they still managed. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

Were they Audi Locks? Sorry to hear that mate they need stringing up!!! Any idea what time of day it happened? Neighbours see/hear anything?

Were they Audi Locks? Sorry to hear that mate they need stringing up!!! Any idea what time of day it happened? Neighbours see/hear anything?

Not sure ift hey were audi locking nuts - I don't think they were.

Neighbours didn't hear anything allegedly. Though I'm suspiscious of one of them anyway as he's a right chavvy, nosey bast*rd. There's been a number of car crimes in the area recently - sadly that's what's happened to what was once a lovely neighbourhood.

Sorry Rob...editied to mellow the language! (again)

The trouble is people don’t want to get involved nowadays which is awful. I can't believe how brazen these feckers are, they just don’t give a **** and lets face it cops can’t be asked unless you hand the crims to them on a plate!!!

Hope your garage gets sorted. Tighten up your security mate and get yourself some RSTT's again when you can and stick two fingers up.

Dont let them get you down.

Sorry to hear about your problem mate, you'd think a car would be safe in a garage, well the wheels anyway...seems a lot of trouble to go to just for wheels, I presume they were oem...wouldn't of thought they'd bother if they were reps, maybe they checked that out at some point before commiting to pinching them, wan*ers !! That's a lot of hassle to go to for something you could potentially pick up for a few hundred quid, hope you get some more wheels and back on the road asap...

Sorry...editied to mellow the language!

Gutted for you mate I really am. I have genuine RSTTs on mine, and I too live in the northeast so Im a bit worried now! As someones already said, get another set of RSTTs and give them the finger!

I think this is crazy, they could of at least stole the whole car! but just for the wheels seems rather pathetic....

Im scared about my LM's as they are parked on a drive all night and they only have audi lock-nuts. Might look at getting another set and running two lock nuts per wheel...

Gutted for you mate I really am. I have genuine RSTTs on mine, and I too live in the northeast so Im a bit worried now! As someones already said, get another set of RSTTs and give them the finger!

I'd relax mate - it's a bad bunch of people that have moved in with no respect (the neighbourhood beneath mine). They've obviously seen my car which can't be helped :( and targeted it. Thanks for the condolence.

I think this is crazy, they could of at least stole the whole car! but just for the wheels seems rather pathetic....

Im scared about my LM's as they are parked on a drive all night and they only have audi lock-nuts. Might look at getting another set and running two lock nuts per wheel...

Totally agree - they could have just took the whole car. Being parked in a quiet / secluded area gives the little ******** time.

I hope (if they kept them - which they won't have) that they get a blow out and crash at high speed. Usually I'm more reserved but I think I'm in a relevant position to make such a comment.

Wow sorry to hear.
If they got stolen from your garage have you tryed going of the House insureance? I have some 16" wheels of my old 1.6 A3 with all good tyres etc but im not 100% if they would fit over the brakes?

My garage is a rented garage (not joined onto where I live) as parking is difficult and I don't want the A3 parked on the street.

I wonder if this means I can claim on the vendors building insurance?

Anyone got any ideas?

Damn man
U must have a big garage for them to have the space to remove ur alloy wheels. Sorry to hear tho.

Scottsummerhayes, i love the sig, is that a A3 u got or an S3 coz the LMS sit nicely on urs, compared to others ive seen.

so they broke into your garage, got your locking wheel nuts off and didnt set off your alarm? man they must have been good.

Get your insurance claim in. Im guessing you ahve protective no claims anyways so happy days.

so they broke into your garage, got your locking wheel nuts off and didnt set off your alarm? man they must have been good.

That's the bottom of it - yep. The rest of the car is untouched. I think I have spotted one little dink on one of the sides, but they haven't smashed windows / keyed etc. I just keep getting these visions of them doing it :(

Get your insurance claim in. Im guessing you ahve protective no claims anyways so happy days.

I do have protective claims and all that but I don't know if I want to go down that route. If I end up with brand spankin wheels then it's surely just going to happen again.

You can do alot to an A3 and the alarm will not sound. Fitted an exhaust to mine before realising I hadn't unlocked it.

Anyways, sorry to hear you have to put up with all this added hassle. Hope you get back on the road soon.

Mate sorry to hear this, i didnt think people stealing wheels was still done, its not like they're that expensive!

For future reference, mcgard do a high security locking wheel nut with a spinning metal ring around the nut so its even harder to get a grip on it to get it out. Look for the part number with SL after the number instead of the usual SU.

Like someone said, dont let it bring you down, happend for a reason, every cloud has a silver lining, you never know what could have happend if your car was on the road right now, (crash, wheel came off, cracked etc) think positively towards the future. As said, get yourself a nice new set of wheels, couple of locking wheel nuts and some garage security.

All the best with it.

For future reference, mcgard do a high security locking wheel nut with a spinning metal ring around the nut so its even harder to get a grip on it to get it out. Look for the part number with SL after the number instead of the usual SU.

They do...
But be careful with them...make sure you coppaslip the threads well, as the heads don't give you much by way of leverage...and if they seize on, you aren't getting them off...even with the key! Been there...

Ideally, junk the Audi locking bolts (not that many combinations and all available from the dealer) and fit 2 sets of dissimilar aftermarket locking bolts.
Ideal, but not always practical.

couple of locking wheel nuts and some garage security.

Sadly though, making the garage very secure means they are more likely to either attack you when you put it in/take it out of the garage and make off with the car using the keys...or break into your house to get the keys.

It's a shame it's happened for sure...but lucky the car is otherwise untouched and still yours...and you haven't been attacked. Be positive...

If you have protected NCD, I'd claim...

Its a joke because some meany cars have rstt wheels there not raer wheels and u can pick em up 4 couple of quid. An yes the standared a3 alarm is crap. Ive been there waking up to got to work and ur car is on them bricks makes ya sick. The best thing to do mate is get the same wheels again get 2 locking nut set and stick 2fingers up at em mate. well all WORK 2 hard to make are AUDI'S nice.

Sorry to hear about your wheels mate. The world is full of thieving scum with no respect for anyone, or their property. If I were in your situation, and I could afford it I would get some more RStt's ditch the Audi locks and fit Mgaurd. As long as you have a power supply in the garage you can buy IR security cameras for peanuts now so would fit one of them. At least if, and when they come back again you will have the little feckers on film.

Scottsummerhayes, i love the sig, is that a A3 u got or an S3 coz the LMS sit nicely on urs, compared to others ive seen.

A3 buddy. 18x8.5J ET35 dropped on v-maxx colilovers!

You got any more pics of your car Scott?
Looks lovely I like how ur wheels tuck under ur arches, cos most a3s ive seen with LMs seems to come out and not tuck under the arches like urs.

i have a set of sport 16inch 5 spokes will need a new tyre on one, not in the best condition aswell let me know if your interesed don't want much

just asking...

would steelies from a 1.6 golf mk4 fit over my TT/S3 brakes? I know it sounds daft, but a pal has a set kicking around, it would get me on the road quickly and cheaply. I **think** they're 16". He even offered to loan me his bloomin R32 wheels and he'd put on his steelies - great offer from a great kid, though I could never live with that - those going missing or me bloomin scuffin them! :O

Anyways - would they fit out of curiosity. I guess I could always just try them out but he lives a bit of a distance from me...not like I can just pop over and bloomin see. No wheels is REALLY difficult!!

I have a full set of 4 standard S3 avus alloys with brand new budget tyres on.

I would let them go for £300, wasn't really interested in selling them but if you really need them then the offer is there bud.

cheers for the offer mate. I'm not looking to spend that sort of cash at the moment as I'm not going to be displaying nice new wheels of value for them to just come back. Maybe in the future I'll buy some nicer replacements.

thanks anyway!
Rob

Rob,don't let the b*stards grind you down,get some steelies I would.

no worries fella drop me a pm if your interest