Map booked! :)

S3 HODGE

Brown passenger seat.
Reaction score
I know alot of you wont care but my cars going into Revo on the 25th for its Stage 2 :yahoo:

Cant wait now!

Means i will have a fun drive up to GTi Inters aswell :whistle2:

I have the stage one, let me know if there is a big difference in performance?
Am i right in thinking you need a full system and induction in order to get the stage 2?

I havent got a Stage 1 yet so i wont be able to tell the differance between 1 and 2 but im sure i can feel trhe differance!
Yea turboback exhaust, Intake, Uprated DV and a 4 bar fuel regulator (But the fuel reg is ok on an S3) :yahoo:

Well with my local Revo dealer only being 5 minites down the road it would be silly for me not to go there, He said with the stage two it would be running at boost 9? (i think it range's from 1-9 on the SPS controller). Plus i know a few of the guys and there great people. One man went though loads of trouble trying to fix something on my dash and didnt even charge me a penny. Bought him some tinnies still :yes: And hes doing a deal for me :)

Cool!

My car should have been going in tomorrow for its remap and Miltek but the ****** Milteks on back order and might not arrive in time. Looking like Thursday now....3rd set back in getting my remap.

Getting a bit fed up of rearranging it now!. :(

T

UPDATE: The maps getting done tomorrow now! :) Very exited.:thumbsup:

They claim between 270 and 285 but its hard to tell.

Nt having much look with your map are you tom!

Hpe it all goes well for you hodge, quite jealous, wish it was me but got loads to sought out befor that time comes :rolleyes:

Yea Toms got some bad luck by the sounds of things lol. I dropped it off thismorning and put my key though the letterbox. He rang to ask when i was going to pick it up so i think its all done but know i have to wait the 6 longest hours in a while! :faint:

Ill update later if i havent put it in a bush...:rolleyes:

Its a bit of a pain but to be honest, its nothing to do with the people doing it.

1st remap - work changed my shifts....gah!
2nd remap - Miltek is on back order and wont arrive till late today we think...booooo!
3rd remap - penned in for later this week as long as the exhaust arrives...fingers crossed!!.

I cant blame anyone I've dealt with though. I've always been kept updated and understand things can get out of stock so its just a case of waiting. I could have had the map only done this morning but decided to just wait to get it all done to save any more trips up to Cannock.

Good things come to those who wait though!.

T

Well im sure it will be well worth the wait Tom.
Are you heading up to inters?

S3 Hodge...Did the exhaust, decat etc make much difference to performance prior to remap?

You should notice a massive difference when you pick it up. Mine was (and still is) far better. Still not M3 rapid but alot better!

Not much noticable differance but when i first bought my S3 i took it down a straight road and noted what speed i got to before the 1st lampost.
1st time i went down there it was 74MPH, After the De-cat and exhaust it was 76-77ish then after the intake and DV it was the same at around 77-78 but hopefully now im aiming for 85 :superman:. And obviusly it felt quicker up hills etc...

But i did notice a small differance in each mod but the novelty of the power has worn off and now i want some more power :)

Im trying not to expect too much but ill be very happy with it if i can notice the differance.

Not much noticable differance but when i first bought my S3 i took it down a straight road and noted what speed i got to before the 1st lampost.
1st time i went down there it was 74MPH, After the De-cat and exhaust it was 76-77ish then after the intake and DV it was the same at around 77-78 but hopefully now im aiming for 85 :superman:. And obviusly it felt quicker up hills etc...

But i did notice a small differance in each mod but the novelty of the power has worn off and now i want some more power :)

Im trying not to expect too much but ill be very happy with it if i can notice the differance.

Its the extra torque that you notice and a much bigger kick in the back!

Also highlights coil pack, spark plugs and clutch weaknesses though!!

So hodge you de-catted your S3?

Yes i de-catted it soon after i got it. Sounds better and perform's a little better. Also its needed to run the Stage 2 software.

The coilpacks were done recently and the plugs were changed 600-700 miles ago. Not to sure on the clutch yet tho! Hasnt slipped yet *touch wood* so i may be ok untill i got some money to replace it which i wont do untill it slipps, because whatever i break i upgrade unless OEM is best.

Which cat have you removed?
Its hard to figure out wether to decat or not, some say it add's power other's say it loses power!

Well im sure it will be well worth the wait Tom.
Are you heading up to inters?

Inters, thats this weekend isnt it?.

I would love to....but I'm currently working the early shift on Sunday :puke:

Well i picked her up from Revo after work today and its 100000 times the car it use to be! Very happy with the customer serivce at APD Revo in Dorset, Bloke did a 15% discount aswell :)
Car is so much more alive! Best £450 i have spent on the car so far.

its on the 27th and 28th Tom.

Ah, no can do then,....I'm off surfing that weekend :)

i thought you couldn't have a stage 2 revo with a cat back?

No for a stage 2 you need a turboback exhaust, Uprated DV and a better intake or panel filter along with a 4 bar fuel regulator but the S3 already have a good enough fuel regulator as standard.

So you don't need a 4 bar fuel regulator at all then?

I thought stage 2 was just a custom map taking into account any other mods over a stage one. Exhaust, downpipe, cats etc etc. Whichever you have.

Stage one is just a generic map for all otherwise std cars

Thought so.

So you don't NEED a turbo back exhaust for a stage 2. Its probably beneficial to have as many mods you can over a stage one, before you'll notice much extra though

Dont need a 4 bar fuel reg if its an S3 but you do if its an A3 1.8T etc.

No the stage 1 and stage 2 are completly differant maps from Revo. Stage 1 being a smooth map from 1000RPM up to the redline which is aggressive but not as aggressive as the stage 2, and the stage 2 is more from 3000RPM up to the redline and goes all out! (alot more aggressive). But either way its an amazing mod and the best £450-£500 you can spend on an S3 IMO. I can be in 3rd at 3000PRM put my foot down and the car trys to take off! So much fun!

O and i did my ever so unaccurate way of finding out how much faster my S3/Bike gets after a mod and i got to the lamppost doing 95-100 mark! :)

Thinking of selling the bike now and buying the S3 some more goodies including an FMIC.

sounds good, glad your happy with it.. Im looking into remaps now.. it will be stage 2 for me as well. Just dont know who to go for.

Dont need a 4 bar fuel reg if its an S3 but you do if its an A3 1.8T etc.

No the stage 1 and stage 2 are completly differant maps from Revo. Stage 1 being a smooth map from 1000RPM up to the redline which is aggressive but not as aggressive as the stage 2, and the stage 2 is more from 3000RPM up to the redline and goes all out! (alot more aggressive). But either way its an amazing mod and the best £450-£500 you can spend on an S3 IMO. I can be in 3rd at 3000PRM put my foot down and the car trys to take off! So much fun!

O and i did my ever so unaccurate way of finding out how much faster my S3/Bike gets after a mod and i got to the lamppost doing 95-100 mark! :)

Thinking of selling the bike now and buying the S3 some more goodies including an FMIC.

Ah i see, its the A3 that needs the (S3's) fuel reg.

Thats about 15-20mph faster isn't it?

The stage one takes off at 3k revs too!!! In fact, there can't be loads of difference bwtween the two. Just as above, the stage 2 takes into account the other mods on the car. It may be more agressive too, but thats the 'revo' style. I doubt the CC one is??

sounds good, glad your happy with it.. Im looking into remaps now.. it will be stage 2 for me as well. Just dont know who to go for.

Go for a local place so if you get any proplems its easyer, but make sure its a big company. Id say Revo without having to think about the others :)
Also got a deal on an SPS controller...£100!:racer:

Ah i see, its the A3 that needs the (S3's) fuel reg.

Thats about 15-20mph faster isn't it?

The stage one takes off at 3k revs too!!! In fact, there can't be loads of difference bwtween the two. Just as above, the stage 2 takes into account the other mods on the car. It may be more agressive too, but thats the 'revo' style. I doubt the CC one is??

I think the S3 fuel reg is 3.5bar but its fine for a stage 2 on a K04. O right, its when the turbo gets happy at 3k that it wants to take off :superman:

Go for a local place so if you get any proplems its easyer, but make sure its a big company. Id say Revo without having to think about the others :)
Also got a deal on an SPS controller...£100!

I've done a fair bit of research about the different mapping options in the past, and only recently did a catch up..

I been speaking to a few different places/dealers etc.. Not really looking for an aggressive map.. so i dont know about Revo just yet.. Been speaking to Jabba, been told there is no point keeping the stock downpipe even though its decatted, from which point ive got miltek.. inc a FMIC, induction etc.

Looking for stage 2, but dont know whether i can be botherd to do a downpipe just yet as ill probably go BT in the next 6months to a year time...

I havent got a downpipe and the man at APD said it isnt worth paying £400-£500 because i properly wouldnt notice the differance.

No for a stage 2 you need a turboback exhaust, Uprated DV and a better intake or panel filter along with a 4 bar fuel regulator but the S3 already have a good enough fuel regulator as standard.

ahh so you have upgraded your exsust then, I see! aren't turbo backs stupidly expensive?

Well my car still hasnt made it to get its remap done :(

Exhaust still hasnt arrived so I'm stuck waiting....again.

Thats 4 times now :(

Wow your very unlucky lol. Thought Miltek would have these tailpipes coming out of there ears!