extended warrenty

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
My car is just over 3 years old and warrenty runs out in dec this year ..

Im wondering and does anyone know if i can get the warrenty extended and any idea's on cost of this ...Or is that it now im on my own .

I looked into this when my car hit 3 years old. You can extend the Audi warranty which I was told gives the same cover as the original warranty - quote was around £800. You have to do this through an Audi garage I think. If you go for a company such as Warranty Direct it's around half this price for what is supposedly the same level of cover. This was a couple of years back though so prices may have changed. In the end I've risked it and not bothered with a warranty. I figured that something going wrong each year at a cost of more than £800 was unlikely (though admittedly not out of the question) and have effectively "saved" money so far.

You can get extended warranlty mine ends next month they sent me a letter end of May or start of June to say and if i want to pay for extended warranty which i was told when i bought the car was only £200 but cant remember how long for. Have to fun to tomorrow to double check price and how long its for.

Ashley

thanks for the advice guys will look into that direct cover thing id rather spend 400 or even 800 than have to pay for a blown turbo...

I've just found out the exact quotes from November 2006. £689 for 12 month Audi warranty, "special offer" (apparantly). £388.53 for 12 month Warranty Direct quote. My car is a 2.0 FSi, not a turbo - so yes, it would be wise to consider that when you make your choice.

Oh seeing a bit i should add my lava grey A3 only a 1.6 so thats why maybe my extended warranty is cheaper :)
But seeing you have the 2.0TFSI as said you wont want to pay for a blown turbo! or any thing so would be best to get it.

Ashley

My car is just over 3 years old and warrenty runs out in dec this year ..

Im wondering and does anyone know if i can get the warrenty extended and any idea's on cost of this ...Or is that it now im on my own .

Went into Audi last week and asked them how much an extended warranty would be and they said 800 odd.

So I'm going with Warranty Direct, same level cover as Audi with wear and tear cover and up to 24k limited mileage for £400.

Think they said they pay 100% or labour costs and 80% or 90% of parts cost.

The £400 is for work to be done at a franchised Audi dealer so would be cheaper if you told them you would be having the work carried out at an independant.

thanks i think its the sensible thing to do im gonna give warrenty direct a ring in dec thanks for the advice...