1/4mile times..

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Those of you who have timed it..

What are you running and what times are you getting?

A3/s3 whatever you've got..

I did a low 11 but not in my A3 :(

Not taken mine up the strip but my mates stock MK4 Golf 1.8T 150bhp did low 15's. Who knows with mine now, I'd say very high 13's to mid 14 second run or something like that.

I can't say I've ever done a run, but I know a remapped S3 does it roughly late 13's to early 14's...

Lad who had my car b4 me said he had 13.2 at santa pod
Im still yet 2 push it this hard.... maybe soon

13.2 Isnt that a bit optimistic?
Did he have a record of that?

I thought you had to be doing very well to break 14 seconds with just a remapped car? Looking forward to a trip down the strip at some point this year once my new clutch is sorted at the end of september...

13.2 Isnt that a bit optimistic?
Did he have a record of that?

I thought you had to be doing very well to break 14 seconds with just a remapped car? Looking forward to a trip down the strip at some point this year once my new clutch is sorted at the end of september...

Opps thats ment to be 13.7 sorry, seen the print out slip that was given to him after the run

I cannot break the 14 seconds.
my 0-60 best is 5.8

I would say I'll race you but I have a shed full of scalps off here ;)

no offence tom but your not gonna touch the 13's with a KO3 buddy

No offence taken, but I've seen very low 14's from them so I dont think it would be totally out of the question. Anything mid 14's I'd be happy with but you never know (plus it depends on where you'e running/timing gear as to how fast your car is!).

Mike you have an S3 mate and KO4 turbo...different kettle of fish yet still a good time from what i and other members have seen....

Tom, fair play if you do it mate, although 14.0 in an S3 is hard work, you have issues with traction on top of that and a turbo that simply doesnt work as hard

Tom, fair play if you do it mate, although 14.0 in an S3 is hard work, you have issues with traction on top of that and a turbo that simply doesnt work as hard

I'd never rag my car that much to be honest, not at the pod anyway. I've broken more halfshafts there than I care to remember. I really dont want a broken transmission. Hard launches in my car would break something I'm sure.

When I've seen S3's running there they always seem to bog down off the line. Once they're going then they're fine but away from the line they always seem to struggle.

they do unless you have the ****** to dump high up the rev range, when i went i didnt want to put the car through that strain (too far away from home lol).....

You have to bear in mind too that an A3 ko3s that day (obviously only one run) didnt make it below 14.5..... even the Leon cupra R's which are equippped with KO4's didnt manage it (unsure if they were mapped)..... good luck though matey

Mike you have an S3 mate and KO4 turbo...different kettle of fish yet still a good time from what i and other members have seen....

Look i aint got any reason 2 make this up.... as i said it wasnt me who ran this time but the previous owner and i seen the slip with the time on, ive never pushed the car and doubt i will do

Ill try and get hold of him and get a copy of it

You have to bear in mind too that an A3 ko3s that day (obviously only one run) didnt make it below 14.5..... even the Leon cupra R's which are equippped with KO4's didnt manage it (unsure if they were mapped)..... good luck though matey

I think it'd be in the 14's though for sure. My mates Goof 1.8T AGU (standard) was running very low 15's all day long at the pod a couple of years back.

indiemike - he's talking to me mate, there's no dispute over what your car ran. :happy:

im not doubting you mike, you wouldnt say your gonna post the slip if you didnt have it matey - im more in doubt about the A3 claim

Like i say Tom, best of luck mate....i think top end of the 14's if you have some good hard runs....

I think it'd be in the 14's though for sure. My mates Goof 1.8T AGU (standard) was running very low 15's all day long at the pod a couple of years back.

indiemike - he's talking to me mate, there's no dispute over what your car ran. :happy:

Opps i do apologize.... SORRYS

I'm gutted I cant make it to inters now, I want to know what it can do!.

I may have to tap up a place I know with a rolling road than can do simulated 1/4 miles ;)

I saw a car the very same as mine run 14's but I cant be sure what the exact time or spec of the car was.

Shy, GTI International is the place for 1/4 miles, so get your a55 down the strip!.

I wish i could come, im out the country on saturday morning lol.. but im interested to see what the different set ups would run..

Dont forget even a hot day could make up to half a second difference.. we run cars last summer, where hitting low 12s like 12.2, 12.3 early in the day, as it got hotter in the afternoon they were turning out like 12.6 12.7..

Im going to wait until october time to get my car on the strip, nice and chilly, those extra horses can really make a difference.

I wish i could come, im out the country on saturday morning.
Shy going to Wales is hardly jetsetting :p

Im going to wait until october time to get my car on the strip, nice and chilly, those extra horses can really make a difference.
swings and roundabouts...cold weather=ice,moisture which will slow you down as well

At the fast show i ran 15.1 in a standard s3 210 amk
thats a good time for a standard pre S3

14.4 mapped amk-perfect starts, gear changes ect.

I tried both ways redline and changing at 5.5k all around 14.4 or 14.5

But my Map isn't the best, probably about 245-250bhp it's slower then Leggys custom Jabba map and i think his was about 260bhp on the rollers

Chipped A3 will do mid to low 15s, big turbo A3's get into high 13s. i did 13.88 in 32oC temps

Im gonna aim for mid 13's when i eventually get down the strip, weather i get anywhere near will be another stroy lol

Im gonna aim for mid 13's when i eventually get down the strip, weather i get anywhere near will be another stroy lol

Which hybrid turbo have you got dude?

14.0 is my best to date at santa pod, im sure there is a high 13 in it, if i could just put it all together.

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 277

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1450

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 194.10

0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.14

0 - 100 (Secs) : 8.65

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.86

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.27

Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.46

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 103.43

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 277

Weight without Driver (KG) : 1450

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 194.10

0 - 60 (Secs) : 5.14

0 - 100 (Secs) : 8.65

Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.86

Terminal Speed (MPH) : 100.27

Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 103.43

0-100mph in 8 odd secs, yeah I'd go with that...