Window Regulator Fitting Question?

markyzs180

Reaction score
Hi, following on from my 'how do you get the door card off?' post it turns out that the reason the window is playing up is because the steel wires in the mechanism have been chewed up by the motor! I've got a new complete regulator from the dealers and am about to start fitting it but I have one main question....... When it is all back together will the motor know when to stop? ie will it 'learn' that it is at the top/bottom just by the fact that it can no longer move or will it try and shoot the window through the top of the door!!!!

cheers in advance

mark

Id imagine the Motor is already designed to do that really...do they come with the runner mechanism or is it just the motor itself??

Get ready to stick your Fingers between the....hang on, yours is a cab so it'll go through the roof, might wanna stick your arm in instead then, roofs are ****** expensive!:respekt:

Hahahaha J7, yep a new arm would probably be cheaper than a new roof lol

All done!!!

Not too bad a job actually, took around 2 hours taking it easy although it would've been done quicker if I hadn't jumped the gun and put it all back together before doing a full test!! Doh! The window was around 5mm out (sideways) so off came the doorcard again for a bit of fine tuning!!! All ok now though, took a load of pics along the way so will try a do a 'how to' whenI get a bit more time.