RS4 B6 ...did they.........

The Slug

Reaction score
.........ever make anything, cuz ive never seen one lol.....

Nope, B5 (Avant) and B7 (Saloon, Avant, Cabriolet) are the only ones to have reached showrooms so far...

Regards,

Rob.

nah - however.... they almost did, since the chassis is the same from B6 to B7 ;) .... but steering geometry is different....

B6 to B7 steering is supposed to behave quite differently, but you'd need a VAg mechanic / designer to tell you what's exactly different.... underlying chassis is the same - hence the same NCAP rating, etc... they didn't even have to retest it...

Shame no one has never grafted B7 RS4 panels onto a B6 keeping the B6 front etc - I reckon that would look tops :arco:

Someone somewhere must have, but I've never seen it!

soo my next question is, why didnt they bring out an RS4 B6?

Shame no one has never grafted B7 RS4 panels onto a B6 keeping the B6 front etc - I reckon that would look tops :arco:

Someone somewhere must have, but I've never seen it!

There's a few wide bodied B6's over on Audizine.com, about the closest look I reckon.

This is the closest you'll get to the "b6" rs4...

I have just read that whole thread, WOW! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. For those who don't have an hour spare, the fella had an S4 like this:

s4-drl.jpg

DSC_7692sized.jpg

I really like those S6 style DRL's too.

Some scrotes vandalised it pretty bad so he has decided to do a wide body conversion on it, project is ongoing, but this is the stage he is at now:

passeneger-rear-qtr.jpg

It is still going to look like a B7 RS4 when it's done - not really a wide bodied B6 as it's made up of B7 front and rear etc - will be good to see it. He has good reason to do it, despite everyone saying "Why not buy a B7?" - so good luck to him :beerchug:

Check this bad boy :faint:

flat_black_003.jpg

but does anyone know why they didnt make an RS4 version?

I prefer the B6 front lights.... but just the more agressive versions of it... I thought he was gonna go for the B6, but with the B7 grill? Rest of the work looks immense!!

A B6 front with the B7 RS4 wide body would have been amazing. Seems like a whole lot of work for something that won't particularly look very unique. Still incredible though. I'd say, "can't wait to see it finished" but, we already know what an B7 RS4 looks like.

Ill dig the other thread out, think Doc posted it months back. That was a Rs4 conversion from start to finish and it looked amazing apart from the colour.

So yeah thats the closest the B6 has got to a RS4 though its changed to a B7 shape. Surely there has got to be one Yank out there that has Kept the B6 front end!!!

Ill dig the other thread out, think Doc posted it months back. That was a Rs4 conversion from start to finish and it looked amazing apart from the colour.

So yeah thats the closest the B6 has got to a RS4 though its changed to a B7 shape. Surely there has got to be one Yank out there that has Kept the B6 front end!!!

yeah - wasn't it a diesel too :no:

Any one have a spare B7 RS4 with no engine, interior, wheels.... price? lol

...?

No, didn't think so. :crying:

I'd love to do it, and I know a guy who works at a bodyshop, so that's two of the 4 ingredients. The other two being, money and a donor RS4 and I would imagine those last two would be the most difficult to find.

Thats the one 'Audisport'!!!

...and I just found the Thread Here!

It was Marc1 that posted it actually..
Warning for those who havnt already read this, its 11 pages but what a Build!!!!!

Yeah your right smooth, You gotta have some serious Doe for that one...

Really like the yellow S4. By his style, I'm sure he'll make some cheeky unique amendments to it. Has the power too, being the S4 :o.k:

I'll try and dig out some of the other wide bodied A4's. There's definately a blue one that keeps the B6 front end, and a grey avant.

Any one have a spare B7 RS4 with no engine, interior, wheels.... price? lol

...?

No, didn't think so. :crying:

I'd love to do it, and I know a guy who works at a bodyshop, so that's two of the 4 ingredients. The other two being, money and a donor RS4 and I would imagine those last two would be the most difficult to find.

There was this one http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67890 ver pricey shipping mind. I'm sure I saw one in the UK for a similiar rice too :eyebrows:

This guy is from Audizine, only one I could find www.1sicka4.com

Not too keen on the blue one. Those arches don't look very OEM. If I were to do it I'd want it to look like it just rolled out of an Audi showroom and use only genuine RS4 parts.

I am very tempted by the RS wings though. After a good polishing session a few weeks ago I noticed that my passenger side has had a pretty poor respray at some point in its life. Looks as though the paint was put on too thick, it hasn't run, but more like the whole painted surface has slid down causing a slight bump. It is more noticeable on the door strips, but on real close inspection both the front and rear arches have also had some work done too. It's not a bad job but it's not perfect. And not perfect is not good enough.

I was thinking I'd probably have to cut the paint back some how and get it all resprayed at some point, but when I consider how much less work it would be (for me) to put different doors on, new wings and just get those painted... Hmmmm, It starts to sound like a feasable idea.

I hate how good this place is at making me spend money. :p

I was thinking I'd probably have to cut the paint back some how and get it all resprayed at some point, but when I consider how much less work it would be (for me) to put different doors on, new wings and just get those painted... Hmmmm, It starts to sound like a feasable idea.

Howdy Quattro (?) 'cut and shut' a B7 front end onto his B6 - so I see no reason why you couldn't fit RS4 body panels and 'cut and shut' the B6 front and rear lights on - no reason other than cost!

All these US conversions are very clever, but effectively just making a B6 into a B7. Like you, what I would really like to see is a true wide bodied B6 RS4 - front lights and all!

Not too keen on the blue one. Those arches don't look very OEM. If I were to do it I'd want it to look like it just rolled out of an Audi showroom and use only genuine RS4 parts.

I agree, I do like it, but from some angles it looks a bit unnatural.

26814320012_large.jpg

2lo556v.jpg

Same theory with this one too. Lovely build, and looks the business (yellow lights :no:) but it is in effect another B7 RS4!

Interestingly I was going to sign up to Audizine, but seeing some of the nasty comments this chap has received for doing a stunning build has changed my mind! He has given his reasons not to buy an RS4 (not that he needs to!) and despite that he just keeps getting "Why bother?" *** :rtfm:

foran2.jpg

AudiZine is good but as you know the population on that Forum is massive and sometimes when im on there, its waaayyyyy too hectic. You sit down to post a reply and by time you've hit the post button, theres another 4 sitting on top of you. Its a busy forum thats for defo...

...and smooth - you think this forums a bad-un for making you spend money, get your self on audizine,hahaha!!! :undwech:

I believe the S4 to RS4 body guy said that he'd keep the conversion car forever, and I think if I were to do it I would too. If you think about your car in terms of resale value and how much it's worth when you want something new... to spend a few grand on something you'll very likely keep forever it becomes priceless, resale value is irrelevant. If you're keeping something forever, you're not losing money on it.

(this is how I'm going to justify this project to the girlfriend too) :)

A little thing I'm scratching my head about so far is the RS4 front wing looks like it will fall way short of the S-Line bumper. I guess something will need to be fabricated. If I remember right, the B6 to B7 front end had this problem but the other way around? I think I need to start collecting as much info on this as possible.

I guess you have to be a little bit mental to start a project like this, so I'm certainly qualified at least.

Or, it would have been nice if, when building the B6 S4, they'd put something like the B8 S4 enigne in there to start with (3 litre super-charged), then it would have been more tunable and easier to upgrade the induction.... 330bhp and 325lb/ft (440Nm), so it's no slouch in standard spec and quicker than the B6 S4 due to the "area under the curve" effect that you get with forced induction (and diesels ;) )....

But then I guess they're not building cars FOR the tuners and customisers... bah!

A little thing I'm scratching my head about so far is the RS4 front wing looks like it will fall way short of the S-Line bumper. I guess something will need to be fabricated. If I remember right, the B6 to B7 front end had this problem but the other way around? I think I need to start collecting as much info on this as possible.

The only way around that is the opposite of what howdy quattro had to do. Cut the front of the B7 wings off, and reweld new B6 wings onto the front around the headlight/bumper mountings.

The only way around that is the opposite of what howdy quattro had to do. Cut the front of the B7 wings off, and reweld new B6 wings onto the front around the headlight/bumper mountings.

Yes, I've been comparing lots of photos and it's looking like the the B6 wings would need to be cannibalised and sections welded on to the B7 ones. Could be tricky as there's a nice body line that runs all the way up to the headlight, breaking for about 500mm over the top of the arch. Just chopping the front off could ruin this line. Looks like this will be a damn near surgical procedure... easy to see why no one has done it before.

I will keep doing my research though, and eventually come up with a plan.

Steering is just a different rack with some sort of electronic assistant modulator which can in fact be swapped in the B6 if you wanted. Chassis wise the cars are the same with parts interchangeable it only the external body panels which can be bolted straight on to the B6.