Urgent - Damn Windscreen Washers are poorly!

PTTM

Pedal to the Metal!!!
Reaction score
Hi all,

How on earth do you clean your front windscreen washers out?
The drivers side washer is basically just spitting at my windscreen and with the lovely bugs, dust etc around atm I need my front windscreen washing badly.

Please help!!!:sob:

I assume you've checked the level of fluid.......you never know ;)

Use a pin in the washers, that'll clear any muck.

I usually grab a pin and carefully poke it down the holes to ungunk them if they aren't spraying

Just off the top off me head:

Have you checked all the lines/piping to make sure it is all connected properly?

Is the washer fluid diluted properly? Sometimes too much foam screws it up at the nozzle.

Thanks lads!
I have just filled it and have only a minimum amount of washer fluid. I will try the pin option. Shame you cant clean the front ones like the rear one. That just comes off and you can blow through it to clean it.
Where are all the lines and pipings Reekie?
Wouldnt it be obviously leaking through the bottom of your car if they werent connected properly?

Time to go and stab it! :weight_lift2:

Thanks lads!
I have just filled it and have only a minimum amount of washer fluid. I will try the pin option. Shame you cant clean the front ones like the rear one. That just comes off and you can blow through it to clean it.
Where are all the lines and pipings Reekie?
Wouldnt it be obviously leaking through the bottom of your car if they werent connected properly?

Time to go and stab it! :weight_lift2:

Given your answer mate, I would imagine that the lines are ok - i.e. there is no water leaking under the car. It defo sounds like there is some grit in the drivers system then. Let us know how you get on. :icon_thumright:

If both are spurting incorrectly then it's more likely something to do with the fluid.

I recently changed my washers for the fan type spray (which are the dogs btw!) and it's a doddle to take the washers off the car if you want better access.

Pop the bonnet, locate the washer head, use a screwdriver to unclip it from the car, unclip the electrical connector and the hose and then it's free for you to clean out.

This is what I used http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3270407 the only difference is that the washer isn't attached to the bonnet and you don't need glue.

Right they were a) blocked and b) pointing to far downwards.
The mighty pin sorted them eventually.
Thanks everyone

Right they were a) blocked and b) pointing to far downwards.
The mighty pin sorted them eventually.
Thanks everyone

Nice one mate, good start to the day. :rockwoot: