Suspension question...

dieselfitter251

Blow ma own trumpet?
Reaction score
While doing the rear discs on the car I notice the paint marks on the springs and out of curiosity checked them against VAGCAT. 3 Violet and 2 white... heavy duty or for vehicles that tow... (got a t/b but never going to tow a caravan - never ever damnit!). Now, I've got the red dampers as standard, and I know I there are various lowering options out there but why not just put on a set of oem sport springs on the rear? It's got sports on the front.

I can't envisage any problems, other than: siezed nut & bolts; bits of body work ready to fall to pieces if breathed on; and a 'what the hell :motz:are you still buying stuff for that damn car :nunu:for when you're supposed to be selling it' :gun2:start to a conversation. :whistle2:

Does it sit **** up?

If not why change it?
If so, then yes, some normal sport springs will level it out. Craig may have some in the cupboard from his S4 you could try. Not sure how they'd compare though in rates etc.

And you know your not selling it really ;)

i just put new springs on the back of mine and it came apart no problem.looks like the bolts are in with grease from new.

Does it sit **** up?

If not why change it?
If so, then yes, some normal sport springs will level it out. Craig may have some in the cupboard from his S4 you could try. Not sure how they'd compare though in rates etc.

And you know your not selling it really ;)

i just put new springs on the back of mine and it came apart no problem.looks like the bolts are in with grease from new.

Aye, like a JCB. Would the S4 spring suit I wonder? 1 white 2 pink dots for avant w/sports.

How many miles Ian? How do you protect your Geometery settings? Or does those arms not get touched when you do the springs?

just coming up to 180k now. i thought it was going to be a nightmare but not that bad at all.

Ah, of course. I'll keep an eye. Not essential, just one of those wee nigles... Cheers for the help and info chaps.