Tracking/steering A3

steve184

Reaction score
Can anyone who has recently bought a BRAND NEW Audi (any model really) had they noticed wether or not the steering wheel is ABSOLUTELY DEAD straight (ie not even the tiniest bit out to the left or right when moving in a straight line) I seem to remember mine being like this but now have noticed wheel slightly to the left (by a tiny amount albeit) - but i can't say for sure that it wasn't like this when i bought it (brand new!) as its such a slight amount that I suppose I could have missed it when new. I'm basically trying to acertain wether or not I have managed to knock my tracking out already when I recently 1- hit a brick in the road or 2-drove down a very crap muddy road full of pot holes.

It's a minor thing but it really annoys me especially on a brand new car!!!!

cheers

Absolutely 100% dead straight, I believe it needs to be for the ESP to work correctly.

Camber on the road can make it seem like you are having to steer away from the gutter to maintain a straight course. If you think it is out the best course of action is to have it checked on a beissparth machine.