what car is this?

jcb

Reaction score
Is this a stock bumper on any of the B6 range?

chased him to try and get a better look but had to turn off.
Thought it was an RS6 saloon until I got closer

IMAGE_236.jpg

Probably A4 1.8T There an A4 by me with that bumper and its an A4 1.8T Votex maybe? Exhaust seem to look the same as this one? But maybe a little bit bigger? That picture below is a forum member car his name is CMD. Bumper stock i believe but i'm pretty sure CMD or some one else can correct me if im wrong. Hope that helps

Ashley
DSC00336.jpg

Last edited:
so aftermarket? thoes exhaust tips don't look like Audi ones either

Well there sort of was

Test car for the RS4

rs4_score.jpg

018__scaled_600_001_001.jpg

Looks so close to the B7 RS4 just remove the middle section. Maybe that another reason why it never came out? Or am i just talking rubbish?
Does looks nice mind. Dont like the RS6 alloys on it! Do you know performance figures Doc? Sorry but do any of you know when the new RS4 will be coming out? I cant really picture it in the B8 or is that just me?

Last edited:
Think this may be the part numbers for the kit

1 A-8E00716459AX BOOT SPOILER WITH INTEGRATED LIGHT
2 A-8E0071610K9AX REAR BAR SKIRT
4 A-8E0071611B041 REAR SPOILER GRILLE MESH, SINGLE EXHAUST
5 A-8E0071611A041 REAR SPOILER GRILLE MESH, DUAL EXHAUST
6 A-8E00716859AX SIDE SKIRT KIT A4
7 A-8E0071609K9AX FRONT BAR SKIRT

Wow I have never seen these before! And we had a whole thread going on widebody B6's a week or so ago! It's clearly a B7 front end with a B6 rear and flared arches :eyebrows:

Nice!

Thats the nearest thing to a widebody B6 i have ever seen i think, cheers Doc :thumbsup:

Well there sort of was

Test car for the RS4

014__scaled_600_002_001.jpg

011__scaled_600_003_001.jpg

Last edited:
B7 tail lights, with a B6 boot lid... I like it a LOT!!

Smooth over the gills that and would be a GREAT bodykit...

I thought all the new S/RS cars were smaller forced induction units to comply with the emissions regulations (as per the 3.0 Supercharged S4) or is the B8 the final V8 RS4?

I thought (pure speculation) that the next RS4 was just going to be a twin turbo / twin-charged 3.0 V6.... seems that BMW is also going that way: apparently the next M3 is goign to be a 3.0 inline 6 (or possibly V6!) with two turbo's... and given they can already just remap the 135ci to 380bhp and with a lot more area "under the curve" due to the forced induction, it should be a cracker! No comment on wether then were going for bi-turbo to keep the smoother power delivery or sequential turbo's for oomph.... I guess supercharged with a big turbo would be the ultimate low end grunt and high end mania?

Must have just been to throw people of the scent at the time, as you can see the blue tape at the number plate section on the front, to make it look more like the two grill B6, and you can see the outlined rear boot lights. Probably the same reason the S4 blades are on it, so it looks like a beefed up B6 S4 to spying cameras at the Nurberg.

018__scaled_600_001_001.jpg

008__scaled_600_001_001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well spotted Marc - I didnt even notice that. Its just a B7 aint it. Looks abnormal for some reason... Looks like an A6 from behind!

back does look like an A6: that's 'cos the B7 doesn't have the wrap over tail lights that the B6's have: but then the B7 normally compensates for that with extending the light cluster onto the back of the boot, but this "stealth" one doesn't.... at least it doesn't have the big oval fog lights like the A6's!

well spotted on the tape: I just saw it as part of the bumper.... that car REALLY is just a B7 RS4 with a solid boot and taped over lights... so my original comment stands: :arco: "there was no B6 RS4!" :arco:

Last edited:
This car was the B7 test car neither B6 or B7 but I'm sure they took a stock B6 shell and modified it to get to this stage of testing.

This car was the B7 test car neither B6 or B7 but I'm sure they took a stock B6 shell and modified it to get to this stage of testing.

Yeah it does like it dont it. Just basically something put together to test the Beast within!

B6, B7 I'll chop off a small toe for it.