dancarpy

S3 DCY
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just thought id give a hey to everyone.
Iv finally got an Audi ! Just bought a Audi S3 8L 2001
Drives amazing, never had that much power before ! haha
Anybody got any tips for me ?
Im looking to re-map it. Not just yet though, i want to keep it standard for a while.
Also do induction kits help much ?

Sounds noobish i know but im new to most of this !

thanks .dan :w00t:

Lucky boy! I've got an A3 1.8T sport of the same age, would love an S3 of its' era.

I'm looking to re-map soon for more power and will get the brakes upgraded too.

Use higher octane fuel - it will be much happier on this in my experience. Mine purs like a pusy cat and is more efficiant on 97+ octane.

Happy motoring and look after it; I'm a bit jealous, though I love my old girl (my A3, the wife's ok too..)

:) thanks mate.
I was looking to get a A3 1.8T Quattro but i thought id just go all the way.
I think the whole look of the S3 is better though.
Iv been told before about putting 97 in .its just got regular 95 in at the moment from when i drove it home from buying it so not had the chance to try it out.

Hi matey and welcome to the happy albeit costly world of Audi ownership! Plenty of threads about remaps and inductions kits so just do a quick search. I have a custom code remap from JBS (A site sponsor) and can rate it highly. The difference is night and day! As for the inductions kit they can actually cause you to lose power in the 8L. All you'll gain is a slight increase in noise. Best to keep the filter std or go for an aftermarket panel filter like the Green Cotton or Pipercross. Put the money you'd spend on the induction kit towards the remap and you cant go wrong!

Hey andy
Thanks for the info. Might get a green cotton panel filter or the K&N panel filter.
Then save up for the remap !
Iv also heard Revo are good for the remaps but is JBS pretty much the same ? Sometimes it can be down to people hyping it up !

Revo gives you a more agressive punch early on in the rev range, Custom Code is more progressive. It really down to personal preference. Plenty of other good mapping companies out there too.

you got any pictures of your S3 dancarpy?

Iv only got one which is off my phone
Im waiting on a sunny day and my girlfriends camera.Then i can wash n wax it !
Anybody got any preferences on what wash/wax to use ?

mys3q.jpg