unit 20. - martin.

Adam-D

Reaction score
went down there this morning, martin put my car on the ramps and had a look for me.

the drivers boot looks new, the passenger one has started cracking, so it was on its way. weather the bracket sliced it,/finished it off is anyone's guess.

the bracket that was loose has a the possibility of cutting into under lock and suspension compression i think,.
martin did show me it on lock to lock and it did touch a little. but not loads.

as to the bolt. the drivers side is crusted with dirt so hasn't been touched. as to why the passenger one has made a run for it, again is anyone's guess.

the brake lines, martin explained that the hose fitting will not seat into the bracket, and making it fit would have increased the bill by a hour or so of labour so they went ahead and tied them to the car instead,.
now i know the why's and reasons i accept it.. i may even attempt to fabricate a larger bracket, or source proper fitting front lines and the goodridge ones are mass produced he said and sometimes dont fit 100%

martin is also giving me a cv boot as a goodwill gesture, for which i am gratefull. and for his time to show me and explain why things were done they way they were.

as he is going on holiday, i am having the new boot fitted by a local garage, as with it split, the joint will fail so it has to be done soon.

i am not one to complain about someone, then not praise them when they help me.

so a thanks to martin for taking some time to show me and explain things.

That's good to hear - I must admit I was a bit surprised by the original thread. I've never used Unit 20, but have worked on cars that have been through Martin's hands, and the owners have had nothing but good things to say about the service they received.

Glad it's all been sorted out though.

Sounds like good service was received in the end then. Well done to Grizz for getting things sorted out, and i'm glad your car is getting sorted.

Btw, why are you selling the rear braided lines?

Glad its all sorted now

im selling the rears because my car has random quattro calipers, or non, there alloy anyway and these line didnt fit mine but do fit most.

the rear brakes on mine shouldn't be as they are.
same with my seats its a audi hybrid of sorts.

so i got some rears made for mine and have the first pair spare.

They're just 97> calipers.

If you call goodrich they will swap your pipes for the correct ones to fit your alloy calipers.

Quite a few folk on here have had the same problem with goodrich flexis on fwd cars.