Phatz Boycott

Neilybabs

Reaction score
In light of Jasons' thread, there is a boycott on a popular social networking site against Phatz Bar.....

I'm not trying to resurrect the locked thread, it's just for info. A lot of my mates have joined it but i don't feel it's necessary.

I'd be interested to hear Stazs' or any other soldiers stories Re. service etc. I lived out in Kuwait for 3 and a half years and moved back to the UK a few months before the golf war broke out so always take an interest in these things :)

RIP Corporal Kevin Mulligan, Lance Corporal Dale Thomas Hopkins, and Private Kyle Adams - god bless.

How many people in the group are even from Maidenhead???

I've given up joining any groups on Facebook. What do they actually achieve?

Did I tell you about the time a car full of Taliban managed to drive through a ring of Warriors and Mastiffs straight onto our position and stopped about 20m from me? :scared2:

My point exactly but to be fair to them, they are all from Maidenhead but i just think the boycott group is a bit much tbh and i'm like you, i never join any groups or use the popular networking site any more than i have to.

20m? I'm intrigued! was it a suicide bomb effort? that must have got the old sphinkter going a bit hahaha

I lived in some twin towers (called Al Fintas Towers) and my old man's best mate Geoff Green smuggled in a tin of spam. Next to the towers they were building a mosque, so when they dug the foundations - guess what Geoff did? he tossed the tin of spam into the setting concrete :)

Is it racist to laugh at that? :wacko:

It was a reconnaissance patrol apparently. And we got told off for not arresting them!

Have you read what the guy from Phatz has written on the main Phatz group?

both Phatz bar and Dan Hume's father Ardian are appalled at the way this has been reported. The soldiers in question were initially refused entry primarily on a dress code policy. After a short time this policy was lifted and at the first opportunity the 2 gentlemen were invited into the bar.They stayed for approx 2 hours dancing and drinking and left the bar in good spirits. Adrian Hume is so commited to this sequence of events,he gave the bar his mobile phone number stating we could give it to anyone that wanted conformation of these facts.We ofcourse havnt released the number. A more detailed account will be posted on the Maidenhead Advertisers web site tomorrow afternoon.

Yes i have and hence I didn't join the group as per my post. I don't class myself as a racist, but i was on the receiving end of it for almost 4 years and it was more about one up manship than any racist intent. No harm meant dude :)

"The soldiers in question were initially refused entry primarily on a dress code policy. After a short time this policy was lifted and at the first opportunity the 2 gentlemen were invited into the bar.They stayed for approx 2 hours dancing and drinking and left the bar in good spirits."

I smell something.

No it's true, I just had a mate over that was out on the night in question and Phatz Bar were leinient (prob spelt wrong) with them and they stayed till the end with no trouble so i guess it's a case of the press over doing it or misunderstanding it so the 'boycott group' is a complete shambles and, quite frankly, laughable.

a newspaper overcooking a story OMG WTF!
I'll join the group and tell them

All said and done, i can see both sides. We should respect our brave soldiers and give them a good send off but also, unfortunately, some tw@ts see a uniform as a challenge and will cause trouble. I have a mate that had his entire bottom jaw knocked out in Windsor over a petty argument (he thinks they were Scotch guards?) i dunno, but it wasn't pretty trust me as i had to pick his teeth out of the gutter and take them to A&E. I actually think that Phatz Bar did the right thing, prob from past experience over anything else. After all, it is Joe public that they have to look out for!

Neil have you multiple personalities ?

I'm not trying to resurrect the locked thread, it's just for info. A lot of my mates have joined it but i don't feel it's necessary.

Nope but i am rather ****** :) i don't have multiple personallities, it's just that i have seen both sides of the story. The guys that run Phatz are t0ssers (like i said) but i suppose they have good reason to be! and i can also appreciate that maybe soldiers shouldn't be trying to frequent that kind of establishment on a wake? What do i know ay! i'm not trying to cause conflict here dude ;) maybe i've had too much stella.

I picked up The Sun today for the first time in months. Had to put it straight down again. Don't know why people read that garbage!

Page 3 was Britney too :puke:

LOL SPAM ......aparently staz its racist to breath nowadays ..