My S3 - Pictures.

subby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

been on here a while now, soaking up all the info and help.

So far ive fitted a pipercross panel filter, forge dv, cruise control and serviced it.

Also got it booked in for stage 1 custom code on wednesday, so im looking forward to that :D.

Heres some pictures:

DSC02738.jpg

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

Owned it around 2 months now and loving every minute!

Cheers.

looking good..how much did you get your cruise control done for. ive had quotes of £150. swear ive seen it for £70 somewhere. £150 was all oem parts though.

i paid £80 for all oem parts and fitted it myself.

nice car....fit a LCR splitter or paint them bits black on the underside of your front bumper

Thats nice, very clean and tidy :)

Silver cars are the fasted too.

T

Thats nice, very clean and tidy :)

Silver cars are the fasted too.

T

:blackrs4:

it an easy job to do by yourself then ? or do myou need to know a about electrics in a car, as im aware there nothing like in a house.

lol, well wiring is wiring, whether its in a house, car, boat or plane.

As far as the wiring goes with this, its very very basic. All you have to do is put pins into connectors. I got my kit from vw teeside and it came with the guide. The info that it was missing i found from various forums.

Im an electrician by trade, but i didnt really need to do anything special.

Theres loads of threads on here about it.

The hardest bit is just getting everything off to fit the stalk and run the looms.

Also my ecu had security bolts which wasnt fun.

ha yer i guess, the man on chop shop said car wiring was nothing like a house lol.

ha yer i guess, the man on chop shop said car wiring was nothing like a house lol.

Well obviously its not, but at the end of the day, wires are wires if you get me.

Worse thing with cars is just getting to them.

Looks a lovely example mate. Ive not long had custom code fitted to mine and can safely say you wont be disappointed, especially with the additions you've already fitted.

Looks a lovely example mate. Ive not long had custom code fitted to mine and can safely say you wont be disappointed, especially with the additions you've already fitted.

thats what i wanted to hear :thumbsup:

thanks! i did just give it a good detail so it doesnt look like that all the time :p

I find silver hides the dirt alot more than any other car ive had.

Silver is a great colour on the S3. Try to refrain from putting a splitter on.

ive decided to just spray the lip black :)

Im excited about wednesday !

Also my ecu had security bolts which wasnt fun.

How did you get past the shearing bolts? Thats the one thing I get through on mine. Can't get to the ECU so no cruise at the moment. :( Everything else is fitted.

Hi Subby

Car looks like a very clean and tidy example of an S3 mate.
Glad to hear your enjoying every minute of it!

Hey Subby, cars looking good there and as Tom has already said you have the best colour too :)

How did you get past the shearing bolts? Thats the one thing I get through on mine. Can't get to the ECU so no cruise at the moment. :( Everything else is fitted.

Get a reasonable size metal drill bit and go to town on them.

I used a punch to make a small indent on the head so the drill didnt slip around much.

Although i had to drill each bolt from two angles to get them off as i used quite a small drill bit - bigger the better really. Try and cover the area with a blanket though, the metal gets everywhere.

Thanks everyone, its nothing different to all your cars.

This forum is much friendlier than most of the others i have used! :salute:

Just got back from having custom code installed.

Im blown away. Pulls so much harder right up to the redline, and so much less lag.

Very happy !!