tyres

DEEJAY TQS

Reaction score
hi all

bit new to the audi scene coming from a renault sport, been looking around the forum for a couple of days now, ive bought a 2000 audi tqs and the alloys are really badly pitted and corroded, so im going to buy some new alloys, now im going to put 235/40/18 tyres on them but reading round a few posts on the subject that they shouldnt be fitted, do they scrub on the arches or is there another factor???? it currently has 225/45/17 on it atm if it helps

thanks in advance

I have no problems with my 18's, they are running 225/40/18 which is a closer match to the original stock 16 inch 205/50/16, on stock sports suspension. 235's will be OK but the rolling radius will be over 2% bigger.

Depends on the offset, the rear may rub on the suspension upright if they are too close, or too wide. ET 35 ish and up to 8in wide should be fine, anything else may need to be spaced

thanks guys,sussed this out thuresday when checking the rear tyres on the car, the rear suspension arm seams really close to the tyre, and i mean mm close to the tyre,so i think 235 are deffo a no no with out spacers, so think i will play safe and stick to 225

i ran 235 on 8x18 OEM Rs6 alloys ET35 no rubbing at all

i ran 235 on 8x18 OEM Rs6 alloys ET35 no rubbing at all

these are not oems im looking at they are bbs-ch replicas on flea bay, id like to be able to run 235 all round, but dont think ill be able to do it,might have to do some searching now, see if i can run these on my car

what offset and width are the rims?
doesn't matter if they are OEM or not the issue comes when running an ET35 or less with teh 235.

on an 8 inch rim and ET35 they fit

the alloys im looking at are these ones which im going to get at the end of the month as the original alloys on atm are in bad shape,looks like they have been done before a few times due to the thickness of the paint,so im going to use them as winter alloys with some winter tyres on them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-BBS-CH-STY...s_ET?hash=item4cea77fb3f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

do you reckon id get away with 235/40/18???

They're ET45, and they wont go on the car at all without spacers i wouldnt think.

A 10mm hubcentric spacer would bring them out to ET35 though

They're ET45, and they wont go on the car at all without spacers i wouldnt think.

A 10mm hubcentric spacer would bring them out to ET35 though

i thought it would go the other way, they would stick out 10mm more out into the wheel arch

The higher the offset the further in they sit.

so ET35 sticks out 10mm more than ET45.

At ET45 i suspect they will catch on the suspension arms and suchlike on the inside. The stock A4 wheels are ET45, but the widest option is on the S4 at 7.5" and they are VERY close to the suspension components.

The higher the offset the further in they sit.

so ET35 sticks out 10mm more than ET45.

At ET45 i suspect they will catch on the suspension arms and suchlike on the inside. The stock A4 wheels are ET45, but the widest option is on the S4 at 7.5" and they are VERY close to the suspension components.

sorry you are right, looks like im knackered on them unless he supplys 10mm spacers with them,or stick to the 225 tyres,think ill have to e-mail him and see what he can do,

Just go with the spacers, they aint all that expensive on ebay.

Craigs just fitted a set of BBS Pescaras to his S4, which are the genuine Audi BBS-CH option (they have BBS CH stamped on the back of them, but no "motorsport" writing on the front) that they fitted to A3s and golf ED30's. They come in ET53, and hes put them on with a set of 15mm spacers. They are only 7.5" wide though.