• Behind the wheel - the interior

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • None of the above - don't like it just the badge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Igdos

Reaction score
As above, an appreciation poll of the design of the A3...

For me it's the rear/side angle - for the Sportback with the Avant-look especially with the roofrails it looks about perfect, aged really well for seven year old design and quite unique.

With the interior a close second.

Other opinions....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat rear quarter for me too, I liked the line that runs from the rear light all the way down to the headlight. (3 dr) but i prefer the look of the rear of the SB, the lights are nicer on them than the 3dr.

Got to be be the big front grill for 8P2s and 8P3s with the front lower valance already adding splitter type styling on S-line and S3 8Ps and all 8P3s.

Even better with black optics styling!

I used to have a previous gen CTR and from every angle it looked great, apart from the side :puke2:

The 8P in comparison is beautiful!

I find it quite funny,that alot of you like from behind :undwech:

Myself i like it from front and down the side

Rear side angle for me! Looks fantastic at night under street lights!

You're kidding me right, its a no contest, the interior is by far the best part of the 8P, the exterior is ok but its not exactly mind blowingly beautiful as per the Rocco, now that has a fat **** to love, the back of the Rocco has lines that a brazilian supermodel would be proud of the way it comes from the boot lid down the sides then opens out wide for those lovely arches, thats what the S3 should have been.

The 8P has in no way shape or form a wide rear end & if you think so then I suggest specsavers, its a little bland overall for exterior look but its good enough to like when going out to drive it & still better than most on the road except the MK5 say GTI/R32, of course with some styling changes it improves but Rocco & my previous S3 are what I consider nice exterior styling, as per the RS4 B5 & B7, they were styled nice for there times, the 8P facelift was a tad let down cause its a rip of from the VW range namely Tiguan front bottom & the new Polo & MK6 have same front styling bottom, Audi loosing originality or something, just plain lazy or strapped for cash atm

Lol i agree NHN. But the a3 is about subtly in design. I dont think you can fault the front end much... at least on the 07 s3.

You're kidding me right, its a no contest, the interior is by far the best part of the 8P, the exterior is ok but its not exactly mind blowingly beautiful as per the Rocco, now that has a fat **** to love, the back of the Rocco has lines that a brazilian supermodel would be proud of the way it comes from the boot lid down the sides then opens out wide for those lovely arches, thats what the S3 should have been.

The 8P has in no way shape or form a wide rear end & if you think so then I suggest specsavers, its a little bland overall for exterior look but its good enough to like when going out to drive it & still better than most on the road except the MK5 say GTI/R32, of course with some styling changes it improves but Rocco & my previous S3 are what I consider nice exterior styling, as per the RS4 B5 & B7, they were styled nice for there times, the 8P facelift was a tad let down cause its a rip of from the VW range namely Tiguan front bottom & the new Polo & MK6 have same front styling bottom, Audi loosing originality or something, just plain lazy or strapped for cash atm

Enter the self confessed `fatty lover`:lmfao:

wrong`un:moa:

lmfao, me fatty lover, not on your belly, lol, cant stand rolly pollys, talk to Nate about meaty women, he likes them to be little bit more thicker than a bread stick.

Rocco rules, sat in one 2 days back & have to say its grown on me a little, god wait for the rush of but you said the interior is ****, well its not as good as audi but the exterior is pulling me in, lol.

After 2 years of owning it from new, i still look at mine in certain lights and think....That is a beautifully designed car. The pearl paint helps.
It's so crisp, clean, purposeful and generally well proportioned from all angles.
The front wings, rear wing, boot lid, roof line, stubby aggressive nose....Everything is just right.

I like the Scirocco but it's not my cup of tea. I don't like curvy, flowing car shapes at all. I'd much rather have something angular and 'chiseled'.

IMO the rocco looks ace.:yes:

Putting a 5yr old 200bhp lump in it is a cop out tho.
Typical tight **** VAG arrogance.
Almost as pointless as putting a WHOLE 11bhp in the NEW MK5.5 Golf Gti.......twats.
Reno have been putting 220bhp in the Megane for beards! ***!

260bhp FWD rocco `R20` ?
Yeah..Maybe if I lived in Spain.......(the rain falls mainly n the plain..etc)

Stick 4WD and a proper 300bhp-ish lump in it and Im having one!

If they do a SB Rocco NHN could get 2 Fatties in the back !:p

260bhp FWD rocco `R20` ?

That 260bhp lump is the same 300bhp-ish lump as in your car. (I thought we'd spent the last 2 years pointing out that small discrepancy in the figures.)

That 260bhp lump is the same 300bhp-ish lump as in your car. (I thought we'd spent the last 2 years pointing out that small discrepancy in the figures.)
I know.
Its what the Rocco should have in it out of the box, with a trick diff or 4WD of course.
Ive no issue with re packaging and platform sharing, as long as VAg raise the bar accordingly, in this case they didnt.

cheers
Paul

It's the C-Pillar for me. Especially where it meets the bottom of the side window/panel.

Angle, size, shape the lot. For me it sums up Audi's design language beautifully.

Have to laugh at the discription thats winning !!

"Lean mean front end" You all have a different idea of "lean" to me.:yes:

I cant really make my mind up to be honest, because i hate the look of my car at the minute (standard btw)

Everythin is high, the stance, the waist line, the wheels are small, the grill isnt big enough..

gotta love the front and rear on the s3 though, rabbit's is a perfect example

IMO the rocco looks ace.:yes:

Putting a 5yr old 200bhp lump in it is a cop out tho.
Typical tight **** VAG arrogance.
Almost as pointless as putting a WHOLE 11bhp in the NEW MK5.5 Golf Gti.......twats.
Reno have been putting 220bhp in the Megane for beards! ***!

260bhp FWD rocco `R20` ?

If they do a SB Rocco NHN could get 2 Fatties in the back !:p

Hey clean the ears out with a brillo, chat with N8KOW about fatties, he likes the big bummed ladies, lol

I know.
Its what the Rocco should have in it out of the box, with a trick diff or 4WD of course.
Ive no issue with re packaging and platform sharing, as long as VAg raise the bar accordingly, in this case they didnt.

cheers
Paul

& totally with you on the Rocco front, 4wd & nice power would of been great from get, its kinda same as S3, S3 should have had looks of Rocco to a degree with arches etc & Rocco should of had the mechanics of the S3, maybe we can morph one out of 2, lol.