2.5 v6 tdi down on power??

boya

Reaction score
firstly i will say a big hello as i have just joined this forum because i have just been and bought a a4 2.5v6 tdi on a 03 plate. i have previosuly been a vauxhall fan but have finailly seen the light as my boy racer days have finailly faded away haha. right back to topic....i havent got the car yet it is at a vauxhall dealer and i have a deposit on it but 1 thing is bugging me...it seems a little slow, my dad has had loads of audis in the past including a 1.9tdi 110bhp which to me seems as fast as the 2.5 i just bought????? its got 80000 miles on and a full service history but when my dad had his he mentioned something like a air flow meter going faulty on it and restricting the power?? am i on the right track? i will be getting the garage to check it out before i sign on the dotted line. any help will be great! i will try and upload a pic too. cheers for any help. andy:kissmyrings:

media

Welcome Andy :icon_thumright:

I take it from the absence of a quattro grille badge it's the 163bhp fwd version? I must admit I test drove one and it did seem a lot slower then my 180bhp quattro. Some do seem to go better than others.

Get the garage to scan it for fault codes, and show you the printout. That will pick up if it's the MAF. Make sure the cambelt and ALL ancillaries have been changed at that mileage too.

Welcome Andy :icon_thumright:

I take it from the absence of a quattro grille badge it's the 163bhp fwd version? I must admit I test drove one and it did seem a lot slower then my 180bhp quattro. Some do seem to go better than others.

Get the garage to scan it for fault codes, and show you the printout. That will pick up if it's the MAF. Make sure the cambelt and ALL ancillaries have been changed at that mileage too.

yes it is mate, the cambelt was changed last month at 78000 miles as well as a fuel pump belt i think this does feel sluggish though. i will get them to scan it tomorrow and show me the results

Mines a 155bhp(or 163?) fwd avant, and it's probably no quicker than the 1.9tdi's, don't forget you have a beautiful V6 under the bonnet which is heavy.

Mines a 155bhp(or 163?) fwd avant, and it's probably no quicker than the 1.9tdi's, don't forget you have a beautiful V6 under the bonnet which is heavy.

My 1.9 showed 148BHP, 249ft/lbs tq on the dyno before the remap, they all seem to be considerably over their claimed power outputs. Bet the 2.5 has a bag more torque as standard though, and bit of a growl.