Cruise control

landopanda

Reaction score
Why would cruise control send the car into limp mode?
I was on the motorway earlier and had cc on and the car suddenly went into limp mode? its done it once before aswel. any ideas?

I imagine it's probably just a coil pack playing up, my old S3 used to do this. There's no telling when they're going to go, unfortunately.

oh, it did it before but that was about 3 months ago, surley if the coil was on its way out it would have gone by now?

Coils can go any time for any reason really. I had new coils in the S3 that went very soon after supposedly being replaced by Audi. I never saw the parts but they replaced them free the second time as I'd already paid to do the work and they went again days later.

When you get a coil done it's worth doing them all at once as it saves you a scarily massive amount of labour charges.

they are so easy to change yourself though, why pay labour charges?, all 8L's are out of warranty now arent they ?

they are so easy to change yourself though, why pay labour charges?, all 8L's are out of warranty now arent they ?

Some people don't know how to. I got mine done as it was in for warranty work anyway. Warranty is only out if you've been lucky and never had a problem with the car. Previous owners obviously had some problems that was done under warranty, therefore I still had warranty.

How would you know which one is going?

VAG Com or similar. Needs to be checked using diagnostic software.