AudiJohn

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Just thought i'd say hello, iv'e been meaning to join this forum for a while now since seeing all exellent standards of your cars and the good info that you all give to other members in trouble. I would like to say thanks because iv'e saved hundreds of £££'s on my car just by reading through the posted threads on parts such as the dreaded glove box hinge which snapped on me and the stealer's wanted approx £75 for a new lid but i managed to fix it with an L shaped bracket and about 20 minutes of my time. I purchased my audi (standard) back in 2007 and never looked back at the 325ci i traded in for it, the ride & build quality is loads better. I will post up some pic's when i can find out how to but you can look at the couple of pics in my garage for now. Any comments welcome. I do have one question though if anybody can help, my car has just clocked up 77,000 and it started to overheat last sunday, at first i thought it was the thermostat so i went and bought one from VAG TPS for £54 and fitted it but then after testing found it wasn't that, i took it to my grandad's who is a retired mechanic and he did a pressure test which confirmed the water pump was at fault, I rang audi in derby and they couldn't fit me in for 3 weeks and wanted approx £519 for fitment of a water pump and new cambelt kit. (****** joke). Being stuck in this situation i rang VAG Tps in derby who i bought the thermostat from and they quoted me £125 the cambelt kit and water pump and took £25 off again due to me already trying the thermostat which was non-returnable. With the help of my grandad we fitted the new water pump and cambelt kit and all was well until i got back to my house when the Engine management light came and has been on since. The car still drives fine, no mis-fires etc and pulls well in every gear. I have checked the terminals on the engine sensors and they seem fine too. Any ideas guys,:think: any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
John

Welcome firstly :sign_welcome:

On the assumption there's no obvious water leaks from anywhere, have you tried getting connected up to a VAGcom or similar diagnostic reader? That'll bring up a fault code or two, and someone may well be better able to assist...?

:uhm:

Thanks for the advise mate, audi dealers want £75 to plug in and tell me what is wrong so i'll ring a couple of local garages and see what prices they give.

Welcome mate!
Glad we have another converted 4ringer from the Zimma world.ha

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10mins and reconnect?

I noticed your in Derby, Im in Leicester so if you have any trouble getting it scanned then your welcome to take a ride down to me BUT only prob is is that ill be away working next week so earliest i can do is the following week. If you dont get anything sorted by then then your Welcome!!!:icon_thumright:

Hi mate, iv'e tried the battery terminal but still no joy, i might take you up on the offer if i don't get any joy with local garage, i phoned an independant garage down the road and they want £35 for diagnostic test (not bad) and said that if they find the fault and i let them repair it repair they would take the £35 off the price (i bet they will !!!!). I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks again.

No probs.
The garage up the road from me do the same with the Fee, if they do the repair they take off the charge of the Diagnostic so you never know mate!

£75 to do a scan???

Best off to buy your own lead from eBay (£10ish) and register it with Ross-Tech for $99 (£62ish) and have a fully unlocked version.

Either that or for the time being just buy the eBay lead and download the free shareware software from Ross-Tech and at least that will let you read and clear fault codes.

£75 to do a scan???

Best off to buy your own lead from eBay (£10ish) and register it with Ross-Tech for $99 (£62ish) and have a fully unlocked version.

Either that or for the time being just buy the eBay lead and download the free shareware software from Ross-Tech and at least that will let you read and clear fault codes.

Or better still buy a genuine lead from user NHN and you will then have full functionality. If you are keeping the car it is definitely worth the money.