Need advice TT '04 with RSTT 18"

I

imported_banshe

Hello, yesterday I just bought a replicas of the RSTT 18" they look awesome, I don't know in other places but here in Mexico the OEM are 16", but obviously we I started driving it felt like it was sedated, you know big wheel, and also noted now when I brake I feel the car going forward not the safety feeling before, I ask for any advice I don't know hardening the suspension , and also put the chip to upgraded to 210 hp to regain some of the power lost in the wheel upgrade, but in that particular matter i don't feel very secure because I read that I'll need to upgrade the OEM valve. Any advice is welcome

My car is an TT 2004 1.8 FWD 180 Hp

get lighter wheels.

you are likely suffering performance issues because of two reasons:

* new rolling diameter has increased over your 16" wheel and tyre combination
* new wheels are heavier

a friend with an a3 went through this recently (in fact with 18" RSTT wheels also)... felt boggy, weighted down and slower. a couple weeks later he got lighter wheels and the car felt spritely once again.

What tyres did you fit? You do understand that the external circumference should stay the same i.e. as the wheels gets larger the sidewalls should get smaller.

I had RSTT replicas on my TT and it was a firmer ride but I didn't notice any power delivery difference.

Thanks, for the advice, I went to the dealer and he gave me back my original rims, so I choose only an upgrade for the tires, so I have a Goodyear GS-D3 , and the dealer give me back the money difference, like you said I didn't take notice of the wheel factor, but I m very happy, imagine after I get my wheels back with new tires , I spend like 2 hours driving it just for the fun ,I love feeling the performance of the car.

Thanks everybody