Alarm coding : can it be set to auto-arm?

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
Is there an option to code the Audi alarm to auto arm/lock the car after a set period of time whilst parked?

i think if you unlock the car and you dont open any doors after a period of time the car locks itself.. dont know if thats any use to you!

unless your trying to say once you get out the car shut the door walk away and the car locks by itself if you forget to do it..?

That's exactly what I'm after ... get out the car, shut the door, and the car then locks/alarms after a set period. Mine doesn't do this, but I'm sure it's only a setting change via Vag,ccm?

No there's no setting for this in VCDS AFAIK. You're asking the car to recognise that you've removed the keys and left the car. Not impossible but open to problems.

I can understand why you might not want this by default as there's always going to be a risk that the car locks with your keys in.

The fact that some people are saying their cars auto-lock leads me to believe it might be possible...

As others have said, if I unlock mine, but don't get in, after around 20 secs it'll lock up again. You're right, if the car were to lock automatically after the driver's door has been opened/closed, you run a real risk of locking your keys in there! I don't have VCDS so couldn't tell you if it can be programmed to do that. It would scare me! :sadlike: