Exhaust TDi

into a TDI? have you got the rear valance for the twin-pipes? or still on the covered TDI rear?

At the moment the covered TDi rear but im thinking of a Votex front and rear .

Votex front = v nice...

Votex rear, despite being one of the better mesh ones reminds me too much of the Uno with cutouts and painted chicken wire inserts (I kid you not)....

Check out Swine's thread on ideas for the rear.... now that is classy!

Very nice :)
i had an uno once i dont want one again
what other options do i have
even a stock bumper bottom would be good for now but you know what Audi are like " No sir i need a reg number ".

even a stock bumper bottom would be good for now but you know what Audi are like " No sir i need a reg number ".

get on ebay or auto trader, find one with the rear valance that you need and make a note of the reg of the car, then use this at the dealers ;)

get on ebay or auto trader, find one with the rear valance that you need and make a note of the reg of the car, then use this at the dealers ;)

Assuming it's a factory fit! There's a lot of retrofitting out there :eyebrows:

Good idea i will make sure it looks like a stock one thou .

"Rear lower bumper spoiler 8e5807521ggru" is the twin pipe saloon part: 1.8TQS / 3.0 Quattro....

Sat14JUN008.jpg

"Rear lower bumper spoiler 8e5807521ggru" is the twin pipe saloon part: 1.8TQS / 3.0 Quattro....

Nice :yum: what differs on the avant part number ?

The Avant number is the same but 8E9 807 521

Depending on the design of your lowers, I may have one to suit. I bought this on ebay to use for mine but it has some (minor) scratches on it. Mine are unpainted and I have no immediate plans to change that so I am reluctant to use it, however if yours are coloured and would require painting then this would be ideal.

Bumper001.jpg

Depending on the design of your lowers, I may have one to suit. I bought this on ebay to use for mine but it has some (minor) scratches on it. Mine are unpainted and I have no immediate plans to change that so I am reluctant to use it, however if yours are coloured and would require painting then this would be ideal.

Bumper001.jpg
This is my rear so this should fit as far as i know ,
i can also get rid of that ****** tow bar as well i hate it ,
last owner fitted to tow his rubbish down the tip with a small trailer because he didnt want to put it in the boot ,
he didnt even wire up the electrics:blush: less to pull off i suppose
thanks for all your suggestions there all absorbed

Paul

Photo0234mod.jpg

as much as I can appriciate the desire not to put cr@p inside the car, that's no good reason to ruin the look and general lines of the car... I'm considering a tow bar (for the same reasons), but it's DEFINTELY going to be a compltely stealth one.... I saw somebody "enabling" one on a really smart A5 S-Lien the other day - very slick indeed!!

as much as I can appriciate the desire not to put cr@p inside the car, that's no good reason to ruin the look and general lines of the car... I'm considering a tow bar (for the same reasons), but it's DEFINTELY going to be a compltely stealth one.... I saw somebody "enabling" one on a really smart A5 S-Lien the other day - very slick indeed!!
No 100% agree if it had been detachable all good but that is not nice ,
it wasnt enough too put me off the car because generally its spot on with lots of stuff done so im happy all in all but the tow bar really is not nice ,
so i thought i would do the exhaust at the same time .

post the results if you decide to go with this mate... i wish i had some money to spare for this transformation aswel...

Paul, are you doing it for looks or are you looking for a performance system?
I did my 2.5 cabby just for looks, changed the rear valance and then had two rear boxes fitted at a powerflow fitter, I only had the boxes done as I knew the manager so got it all done cheapy cheap but they can just change the tips to pretty much anything you want, take a look on their website and it shows all of the tips they supply, for two tips fitted you are looking at around 80 - 100 which is a whole lot cheaper than the systems you are looking at! If I get chance tomorrow I'll take a full pic of mine at the back and post it up......

Looks to be honest but i have to have the pipe work as the 1.9 only has the one box ,
idealy i would like a genuine system off a 2.5 or 1.8t or similar so i could fit the 2 boxes and pipe work and change the tails too my choice
thanks Paul

I just bought this ,
the guy said it was for a quattro i said it was a FWD one ,
was i right im fitting it to a FWD car hopefully
cheers paul

a4exhaust.jpg

SORRY for the naff picture thats all i have at the moment ,
magnifing glass maybe of use:laugh:

Last edited:
I too looked at this, my only concern being it has no rear boxes, do you need these for mot etc also would it alter the sound as i wouldn't want mine sounding like an elephants fart!!, but for looks and price seems ok to me, so just the rear boxes really.

Right got the job half done ,
no rear valance at the moment so tow bar still in situ but ive done the 1.8t pipes very happy with the look and suprising they dont get as dirty with smoke that quick either
i extened the tips of the exhaust about 30mm as they where to flush with the valance but all worked tidy and im happy for now with the results .

Photo0355-1-1.jpg

Photo0356-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! What size are the tips?

I've still got your valance filling my shed ;)

70mm from what i remember
ive got some 90mm TT ones but they can wait till i get a valance sorted :whistle2:

90mm will finish it perfectly imo. Their not welded on then if you can change them...?

How did you cut the bumper? Was it very tricky?

Cutting was a bit fiddly in as much as i had to get it right first time and i didnt want to damage the paint ,
the tails are welded on but i work in a garage and we have a stainless steel welder so when i need todo the 90s i will sort that out no worries .

Looks great Paul, need some more pics though :yes: Have you got a straight on shot too?

Did you cut it by hand, or with a hole saw or similar?
Both ,
i used a hole saw for the initial cut but couldnt go too big as i wanted less than half the circle size ,
so i then used a flap wheel and 32,000 rpm whizzer and free hand filled the rest of the hole out with this i also didnt burn the paint as im not wanting to paint this at the moment
im happy enough for now ,turned out ok :)

Looks great Paul, nice tidy job you've done there.

Great job Paul, it certainly makes the back end, talking of back ends i bet yours was twitching as you stood there with the hole saw whirring !!

Thats some steady hands you have there Paul, looks neat and tidy mate.

Thanks guys ,
yeah i was a bit twitchy when i was cutting
it was definately a case of measure twice cut once .

As im a bit of a fiddler i have a new project finished
let me know what you think :)

Photo0487-1.jpg

Photo0485-1.jpg

Photo0484-1.jpg

Photo0491.jpg

Last edited:
hmmmm........you know what, Ive stared at these for few minutes and at first I thought Nooooo BUT I reckon if you stick the tips in further so they are looking more flush id say yeahhh Baby...