S3 questions....

zeshan

Reaction score
I've recently had my car remapped via superchips, since then i've noticed after my first track day the engine management light flashes especially after doing launch control (It goes away after the car cools down), has anyone else had this same problem after a remap?

Wanted to know which are the best pads to go with oem brakes as mine are on their last few miles??

Anybody tried doing a group buy for the bucket seats yet????

How do i get my car sounding this guy dudes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9-dtiEOHpo ?????

thanks

Last edited:
get a non-res turbo back exhaust and cold air intake, and you will get that sound, or at least similar :beerchug:

Mine sounds similar but not anywhere near as loud. Can a non resonated exhaust make that much difference to the intake noise??!

Only had the engine management light on on mine when I've got a little too rev happy.

Group buy wouldn't be of any use mate, the seats are about £2k each to start with!

don't think that exhaust makes any difference to the intake sound. i've got Forge CAI, and it doesn't sound that loud, thought that Evoms is a bit louder? or i

Maybe it's the mic or something but that's pretty loud!

Thanks guy, somebody was saying upgrading the downpipe gives this sort of sound???

Any suggestions on pads?

Any suggestions on pads?
After problems with warped discs and pad deposits on discs I shall be fitting some yellowstuff pads this weekend, but won't know how they perform until after next track day beginning of October

S3-Paul- Let me know how you get on with them. I've had the dust blown out of mine, they feel alot better now.

Is it after you rev the tits off it?
I'm thinking its some misfires... Get access to VAGCOM and scan for fault codes

Anything over 6.5k it comes on and flashes, or if I launch the car from standstil.

Another thing i've noticed before the remap the car wouldnt rev over 4k stationary but now it does????

The chap from where I had the remap done from advised if I have any misfiring issues I should change the plugs???

S3-Paul- Let me know how you get on with them. I've had the dust blown out of mine, they feel alot better now.
Quick update - now done 1500 miles since fitting yellowstuff pads. No squeal and dusting no worse than OEM pads in everyday use, although initially a little bit 'wooden' when cold performance always excellent. 188 trackday miles last Saturday, no fade and dust pick-up problems disappeared. IMHO a definite improvement and worth considering.