DV upgrade or not?

TIRO

Reaction score
Website
www.tim-rose.co.uk
Probably been discussed to death but here goes

I have a APR chipped S3 and am looking to enhance the performance, smoother more sustained boost and cleaner gear changes without lag. I have been reading that maybe a DV or N75h (I think thats what it is) may help!? My only concern is the noise, do all enhanced DV's sound like a bus hydrolics or is it only certain types? My knowledge isn't that great in this area so any pointers websites... etc etc would be grately appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tim

The DV for the S3 is of the recirc type so not mush more noise than what you get from the OEM one.

I have the AMD Viper DV which I have also shimmed to get the car to hold its boost for longer......it is also more reliable than the OEM one and servicable.

Forge to an equivalent too!

what shim you go for Mike?

Im consideing this. been mentioned to try 3mm, up to 5mm.

what you settle at?

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I have the AMD Viper DV which I have also shimmed to get the car to hold its boost for longer......it is also more reliable than the OEM one and servicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep I can agree with you on the reliability, this is my second OEM DV, replaced sometime back when the car was still in warranty.

I know where to buy a forge DV... but not the AMD Viper DV, where can i look at one of these?

Cheers
Tim

I went for a 3mm shim and the power top end holds fro much longer now and you feel it too as it used to tail off sooner.

You just need two 35mm washers for 3mm..........think this is the best compromise and would recommend it for the cost of 6p per washer!

yep bought some.

only could find 32mm (too small)

and 40mm (actually 37mm) which were too big.

so I got all DIY. nut & bolted them together, stuck the bolt in the drill chuck and filed them down whilst it was rotating to get it nice and even. Sanding for final finish.

Got a perfect fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will pop it back on tomorrow

I had to do that too. I just super glued a 32mm washer to a filed down 37mm now 35mm washer..............works a treat.

Its a nice mod for 12p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ..........I also cleaned/re-greased the inside too.

Good advert Lee looks like your Ebay item is getting some interest.

Good luck with your sale mate