Audi have offered me

dobber

Reaction score
a free MOT for my A3 170ps Sline Quattro on the day after the warranty runs out - Sounds good but should i be worried that they might try and stiff me for work at huge prices for a car a day out of warranty.

Advice welcomed.:sos:

If there are problems you don't HAVE to get it fixed at Audi.

You could just source the parts yourself and have fitted then book it back for the re-test?

a free MOT for my A3 170ps Sline Quattro on the day after the warranty runs out - Sounds good but should i be worried that they might try and stiff me for work at huge prices for a car a day out of warranty.

Advice welcomed.:sos:

Why do you have always to be suspicious? And by "you" I don`t mean just you personally

Give them the benefit of the doubt!!

Why do you have always to be suspicious? And by "you" I don`t mean just you personally

Give them the benefit of the doubt!!

It's just being realistic.
Ok, they won't try to rip him off (hopefully), but they are offering it in the hope that his car fails and he gets them to do the work, and pays their extortionate labour charges.
Bet if they get the chance they will fail it on such minor things that maybe another mot testing station wouldn't.

Same reason they are offering everyone free MOTs at the moment.

Why can't you just book it in a week early? You can get an MOT done at anytime and Audi are offering the free MOT to everyone so why take the risk. As for suspicious, well of course the only reason they are doing this is is to get increases in service revenue by failing as many as possible, it's not rocket science!

Just check the consumables like tyres, brake pads, wiper blades and fill the washer bottle up. Book it in early and if it fails tell them to fix it under warranty. Most manufacturers will do this. If they dont then they are con men.

If an earlier slot isnt available at that branch use another audi dealer for earlier test within warranty period, easy & usually if its a detrimental part audi would a day after warranty ends usually cover these things, now if its a year out of date thats a different matter but not unheard of.

Had my free MOT today, failed on a CV joint gaiter, drove it away as they want £250 to fit a new one, got it booked in Friday at local garage and will take it back to Audi for a re-test.

Had my free MOT today, failed on a CV joint gaiter, drove it away as they want £250 to fit a new one, got it booked in Friday at local garage and will take it back to Audi for a re-test.

Prime example of why this is a FREE MOT, I had my CV gaiter done for £60 all inclusive at a local garage. Stealers are called that for a reason! Some people would actually fall for that and it annoys me.