Cut in power

BOSSS3

Reaction score
Recently just after I start my car when the engine is cold, I pull away and after I disengage the clutch the engine cuts power for a second but then comes back. This only happens when the motor is cold and when I first pull away it doesn't happen anytime after that.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Someone said something about a torque limiter in 1st the other day. Perhaps it's that :shrug:

Checked out the torque limiter post that seems to be for dragging. I'm talking about just a normal slow pull off...

Yeah I thought maybe it's goosed and cutting in too early or something. Just an idea.

Is it EVERY single time when you start up from cold?

Could be something to do with the auto-choke too. Perhaps it's not running right.

Not heard of the problem before to be honest mate :shrug:

Yeah It's every time from cold.

I spoke to some one else and they also said it could be the auto-choke.

I think you're right cause it only happens the first time I pull away and by the time i stop and pull away the second time the engine has a little temperature in it so its fine.

Do you have VCDS, and fault codes showing?

Don't have a VCDS unfortunately.

But will take it to dealer next week to sort it out an will let you guys know what the problem was.

Just updating you guys on my problem.

It started getting worse, the car wouldn't even idle and kept cutting out.

It even started cutting out during driving so had to call audi assist who sent out a technichian to my house, he looked at the car and said some of th S3's are on recall cause the lobe on the cam shaft that drives the fuel pump has worn off.

So it's getting fixed and will have it back in to days!:yes:

A problem with the fuel pump would show itself all the time not just when it's cold I would have thought. :think:

After I spoke to you guys it started doing it all the time not just when it was cold.

It was probably cause the lobe on the camshaft started to wear down more and more which made the problem more frequent.

I'm just worried that all those fillings from the lobe have gone into my engine.

Not sure about on cars but I know from working on some vehicles that fuel filter is normally after the pump so you should be ok.

So I got my car back turns out the technichian was talking rubbish it was just my fuel pressure sensor.