Would you buy this? (ebay TIP)

WIll this fit an APY engine without ESP directly? Or will it require modification?

Im always unsure of cone filters, no direct air flow so id assume its just going to start drawing in warm air which will lower performance.

True for naturally aspirated engines but turbo engines heat the air up so much that it doesn't matter. You make sure you have an efficient intercooler rather than worrying about cone filters in the engine bay.

WIll this fit an APY engine without ESP directly? Or will it require modification?

No I dont think so. It may fit but directly. Dani_B19 has done a thread on a TIP for none ESP cars

He also sells them in black and red.

Last edited:
i know what ya sayin Nattie...the problem isnt getting an increased airflow...the problem is getting an increased 'colder' air flow...the increase you will have will be made unimportant due to the extra 'hotter' air your pulling in.... thats why FMIC and 4" CAI is the set up of choice - as HTC has illuded to

Ye I agree. I put it on for sound mainly because you wont get a noticeable increase in performance. Having done my TIP at the same time did though. I was looking yesterday for a place for a cold air feed but its very cramped around the battery area.

No mate it won;t fit directly however it is fairly easy to fit using some additional bits. I have the TIP and bits ready to fit, i'll let you know what is required. I am not decided 100% yet whether to run a hose round to the N75 from the TIP nozzle or move the N75 round to the back of the TIP (where the nozzle is) and extend the loom to it.

No mate it won;t fit directly however it is fairly easy to fit using some additional bits. I have the TIP and bits ready to fit, i'll let you know what is required. I am not decided 100% yet whether to run a hose round to the N75 from the TIP nozzle or move the N75 round to the back of the TIP (where the nozzle is) and extend the loom to it.

That would be great thanks. If you could let me know what additional bits and things you needed to do to get it to fit, that would be good.

I got a email from the seller of these TIP for 10 % off if you put in Audi1 in the promotional part on ebay. I have a AMK so yes it will fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0276167381&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I paid about £51 all in around xmas but I think this seller has put his prices up a bit due to more demands of this item

Thanks a lot for that link. I'd found the Autobahn88 TIP somewhere else on eBay for £75ish and sent him an offer of £69... he sent me a counter offer of £72... Very glad I didn't accept now 'cos bought one lastnight from the link above and it was £56.04. Would've been even cheaper if the 10% code worked!
Thanks again Nattie.

Last edited:
No worries dude. PM me if you need any tips on putting it on.

The cone filter giving gains in BHP is often misunderstood. Yes it will most likely give better airflow, and throttle response, but as soon as the engine bay heats up, heat soak will negate any gains. A turbocharger, like any turbine is more efficient the cooler (and denser) the inlet air. Therefore, the hotter the inlet air the lower the efficiency, and the less power output of the turbo, regardless of how good an intercooler is fitted. IMO, panel filter and cold air feed is the best option.

On another point, liking the TIP.

just ordered my tip from autobahn cant wait till it comes ;)

That would be great thanks. If you could let me know what additional bits and things you needed to do to get it to fit, that would be good.

Alright mate.
The bits I got (all off fleabay) :

12mm STRAIGHT BARBED CONNECTOR SILICONE AIR HOSE JOINER
8mm ELBOW CONNECTOR SILICONE HOSE JOINER FUEL AIR WATER
16mm 5/8 BLACK SILICONE HOSE SILICON TUBING AIR TUBE VAC
16mm STRAIGHT BARBED CONNECTOR SILICONE AIR HOSE JOINER
22mm - 16mm BLACK SILICONE HOSE REDUCER VENAIR SILICON
8mm BLACK SILICONE HOSE SILICON TUBING AIR TUBE VAC

Plan is to use the 8mm elbow and 8mm hose to come off the new N75 spout (which faces back of the engine bay when the TIP is installed) and come round to meet the N75.
The 16-22mm silicone reducer and the 16mm straght connector are to come off and increase size for the oil breather valve.
The 12mm conector is for the other connection lower down the TIP can't remember offhand where that goes. sorry.

There's gonna be a fair bit of trial and error so will let you know how it goes and what the final line up is.

just ordered a tip from autobahn - i have a 2002 225bhp which has been mapped, interested to see if i will see any gains...

Mate you'll be fine.

The best thing todo is connect the tip to the turbo and sribox and just take it from there, it's all quite straight forward but if you get stuck just let me know.

Everyone still pleased with their autobahn TIP's?

ICE

Yes I have one in Black and very pleased. (1 year ago) Wouldn't pay the silly money Forge want for the same thing to have the luxury of there name on it....

im sorry guys im new to this stuff, and i wasnt able to find autobahn88 tips on ebay, maybe since im in Canada.
anyways if anyone could point me again to it it would be nice, and i was thinking getting a K&N cone kit for my S3, after reading this thread it seems its not really worth it.
I will be also getting a forge diverter valve and then a remap from superchips, and i was thinking also getting a lighter flywheel...
im sorry for hijacking the thread i will repost a new thread for myself once i start
thanks

still enjoying my oem tip. not paying 80quid plus for .0245%bhp gain

Have you had yours maped mate? as you will notice a difference then, my turbo used to scream a bit under heavy boost, now no screaming with my tip fitted plus maybe seems to spool up better? (might be in my head though:think:)

Matt

Have you had yours maped mate? as you will notice a difference then, my turbo used to scream a bit under heavy boost, now no screaming with my tip fitted plus maybe seems to spool up better? (might be in my head though:think:)

Matt

Hi Hoggy, yes I am running Revo 1. The mass flow rate from a silicone tip will not be significant. Marketing