ncap rating

three, the last ones only `flagged` becuase "the driver faced an unacceptably high risk of chest injury in the side impact"

TBH, its a 1995 car design, and when compared to its contemporarys, they're all around the same area... Vectra B, Mondeo Mk1, Laguna Mk1, all scored the same 3 but with a flagged star rating.

Its only once you get into the early 00's that you start to see models come thru with 4 and 5 stars.

you should try rolling a 95 clio through a hedge into a field!!
http://www.euroncap.com/tests/renault_clio_1997/10.aspx
that'll show you what 2 stars does for you!!
IMAGE_056.jpg

my little brother achieved this

three rolls off a dual carriageway, 50mph, maybe more

picture014ah.jpg

i remember nights ive been out in the golf and been close to driving it at ten tenths then thinking "if i go off into a field now..."

I would still rather be in the Audi than any of the others, with it's NCAP rating of 2.5 or whatever. Fair play guys some nice damage up there ^^^^

sri.....housing estate, 30 mph zone and he rolled it?!
what was he doing?!

I would still rather be in the Audi than any of the others, with it's NCAP rating of 2.5 or whatever. Fair play guys some nice damage up there ^^^^
youre still dying in a 10 year old car, to what the outside world would see as an old banger now,

when i used to have a B6 i looked at the ncap stuff. there was a remark about the car being unncessarily harmful to pedestrians if hit :respekt:

some way before ncap pics
clipped a car at 55 ish he pulled into middle of the junction, i managed to steer enough so it wasnt a head on
the fact i had the wrong size bolts holding alloys on meant they ripped out when i hit traffic island sideways so car didnt roll, had it rolled with no windscreen and doors opened from initial impact i doubt id be here

DSC00202.jpg

ow-1.jpg

A B5 S4 may not exactly be 5 Star, but I'd like to think (unless we get too ***** and drive them like loons everywhere) that they're probably safer by not getting into an impact in the FIRST place.

A 2002 M5 for example may have a better rating, but the back end is more likely to flip out and fling you into that wall than in an S4 Quattro is.

That's my theory and justification anyway.

vauxhall corsa
scariest thing I have ever seen in an accident.
Once put a sunroof into one. instructions said use a jigsaw for the roof. In the end I used a stanley knife!!
made from reject biscuit tins.

saw one in a university halls car park once and it was about 50% thinner than it was meant to be. hope to god there were no passengers in it!

i was a passenger in a corsa that rolled 4 times and took out a lamp post, it stood up pretty well

ah sorry, meant NOVA.

Nova, Corsa, Renault, Ford, Audi,...............whatever, all use a similar gauge steel as far as I'm aware (with regards to fitting a sunroof).

Nova, Corsa, Renault, Ford, Audi,...............whatever, all use a similar gauge steel as far as I'm aware (with regards to fitting a sunroof).
I think you will pleasantly find that the b5 audi has a thicker gauge metal on the body than the french or english cars !

audi quote 0.7-1.2mm steel and 2mm aluminium for the TT for structural stuff but is pressed and formed for strength different to panels

a mk5 golf (4 or 5 star).. pulled out in front of my g/f that was doing no more than 20-25mph round a corner near our house in a 1999 shitroen saxo. her car was a write off all the front caved in, the golf had a creased wing and broken indicator..it wouldnt upload the pic to show but modern cars of any manufacturer are miles better unfortunatley

Last edited:
just seen these pics, imageshack etc is blocked at work

thats really sad to see a mk1 golf like that

some way before ncap pics
clipped a car at 55 ish he pulled into middle of the junction, i managed to steer enough so it wasnt a head on
the fact i had the wrong size bolts holding alloys on meant they ripped out when i hit traffic island sideways so car didnt roll, had it rolled with no windscreen and doors opened from initial impact i doubt id be here

DSC00202.jpg

ow-1.jpg