If buying a new Audi A3, do you get discount?

p1tse

Reaction score
unfortunately not me, but my dad

he's thinking of an A3 1.8T S Tronic
he's not a car person so won't be kitting it out, but will be looking for upgrades like rear parking sensors etc. LOL

I went online to see how much a SE model with leather would be, but since I've been home and S Line looks alot beter and the half leather just as nice at similar cost (not mentioned this to him yet)

but I've never brought new and my dad last new car I can remember was a G reg Golf 1.8 Auto.

What should one expect for discount on base car price, accessories and upgrades.
if he did end up getting one i think the S Line is a better buy then for him add heated seats, parking sensors at least. anything else for must have luxuries?

if i could push it be cool to have xenons etc.

Suppose best finalise a spec with the old man and see what a local Audi dealer says and maybe ask a few other local ones?

Last edited:
Loving the thread title LOL! Would you like me to change it for you?

Oooo that's new! In the olden days even if you changed the thread title it wouldn't change the title on the main page. Must've been in an update.

Anyway back on topic, discounts seem to be dealer/group specific thing. Some better than others. Play them off against each other for the best deals.

In terms of extras the only person who can make that decision is him really. We all have our different must-have extras. You'll find that many of those extras have been discussed on here before though so if you want any advice on a specific thing try a search or ask in this thread.

Just get him to tick all the boxes !

Because if you get your hands on it and stay on here to long it will end up a different car anyway !

I played 4 against each other and got 12 %

but it depends on their sales that month , that quarter , stock levels ,

Check out some ex demo's.

don't forget to try some of the Internet sites too like drivethedeal.com

Do try WhatCar? Target Price - if your local dealer cant match it then What Car will put you in touch with one that can - and they dont charge you for it. My local dealer could give me a 1K discount whereas the target price dealer managed over 2.5K !!!!!

Last edited:
When I purchased my new SE Sportback in April I got an 11% discount on the new car and a very good trade-in price for my existing A3. I shopped around several dealers but my local dealer, who I have been using for nearly 12 years came up be the best deal yet again.

As far as options are concerned there are quite a number I would not want to be without hence my last purchase included £4.5k worth. It's the one big advantage of buying a brand new car. You can have it just how you want it rather than having to accept the spec someone else has decided. With very few exceptions it is always much cheaper to have the car with the options fitted when it's built rather than try to add them at a later date.

I managed 11% on my A3 cabriolet 12 months ago but had no px. I think with the current market whereby the manufacturers have slowed down on production the discounts on some cars are hard to find. I tried to get discount on a new A3 from my dealer last month and couldn't get anywhere near 10% on a new A3 however I did get approx 10% on a new A4 which was in the showroom (bartered one dealer against the other). Only lost £350 on my A3 in 12 months.

If your Dad buys a new car from stock then I think he will get a good discount. If he orders one with a few extras and it is built for him then I think the discount will be harder to get. My advice would be to see what is out there ready to go and play with them.;)

And with a brand new A3 due in 2010, any new A3 you buy within the next q12w months will soon be an obsolete model - so you should push for a bigger discount on the "run-out" model...