Audi A3 in need, can you help ?

ALP A3

alp a3
Reaction score
Hi all
my A3 seems to have a problem, when my revs get up to 3000 revs in 3ed gear it seems to stop and sometimes drops off and then goes up. it also happens in other gears but at different revs.

can you help

So the car stays running but just loses engine speed momentarily then continues to go up past 3k?

i got the same problem read my thread one big lasting problem a few above yours now doing a turbo clean:hubbahubba:

I would hazard a guess it momentarily is losing fuel pressure as one thought, IMF is problematic, number of things to be honest mate, certainly I would check the IMF moves freely as thats a 10-15 minute check by hand which usually you'd change the gaskets aswell, but should be ok, also whilst doing check if its clean or not & stick your finger up into the intake manifold & scrape the inside with your finger to see if its clogged up or not, turbo could be an issue, check boost levels with vagcom, do a test run to make sure its maintaining boost ok.

Its always difficult diagnosing a problem over the net, we can only give you ideas what to check without being there.