URGENT REPLY NEEDED 1 piece Valeo projector quest

I

imported_Yaseen

Please can anyone tell me if the 1 piece Valeo projectors (non-xenon) are LHD and RHD switchable? As dont wanna get stuck with the LHD version

Many Thanks Yaseen

Yup Im the one you sniped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was bidding half-heartedly as had reservations- I emailed the guy THREE times over several days but no reply (as he stated he bought the lights from Audi Germany).

In one of the pictures it showed the Audi part number- I ran this through Audi World Search and it is the same ones our fellow B5 owners are using across the pond, came across a few mentions of it being switchable but couldnt be sure so hence bid low.

If you have the round connector like I have the you can apparently Dremmel the square connecter on the Lights and silicone seal the space if you dont want to change connector.

Ive bought a set of 2 piece from across the pond a few weeks ago (£155 shipped) so will stick with them, the 1 piece just give a slightly better cleaner look in return for the work (search on Audiworld for the cutting info- seems an easy dremmel job but practice on a bit of metal stuff, do a search as lots on there have done the 1 piece mod)

Would be great if you could post some pics when you get em fitted- Ill prob buy some at a later date.

Sorry about the snipering!!

I will have to research the LHD/RHD issue myself.
I'm sure it won't matter too much?!
I will post some pics when i've fitted them.

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
Sorry about the snipering!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don`t worry about it- I always do it myself, last second bids rule! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm pretty sure they're not rhd/lhd switchable.

never saw any switch inside mine.

I went to audi and checked on their computer when ordering another part and you buy specifically LHD or RHD, no easy peesy switch! I think I've worked out how to convert them.

s4hid11.jpg

In this image you are looking through the dipped beam through the projector lense. You can see the cut off mask (it is for a LHD headlamp). If it is just a plate screwed on, then I can unscrew it and turn it the other way round. If not I can cut it and weld/glue (heat resistant!) back on.
The mask appears to be on the wrong way, but the projected image will be inverted by the lense.

So hopefully I will be able to do that if I can gain access inside the lense, which I reckon I will be able to as you can see a few screws on the pic!

makes sense to me- good luck with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd leave the ebayer negative feedback for not making it clear...

Yeah and he must have known if he didn't reply to your emails for 3 days!

Feedback is such a pain as if I leave a negative and he hasn't left anything then he can leave a neg back! And it's like 4 people haven't gone through with buying stuff bought off me, but i don't want to leave them neg as they will to me and put my rating down loads!

Might just leave him neutral? Will see how hard it is to convert first. But also I suppose he did give a photo with the model number.